The Student Room Group

French AQA AS level - 25th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by emza004
I put they work too little as well! Think we should be given this point haha x

I completely agree! Maybe we should convince them :tongue: As well as meaning to walk, it means to function/work haha
Reply 341
Original post by GavinDutton

I just need to hope I've done well on the essay but I'm doubting this as I only did 315 words where as some have done like 700!? :s-smilie:

You don't need 700 words to get a good mark - if anything, your mark will be lower as there will be lower attention to detail. I've gotten 30-35 by doing around 300 words, and the recommended minimum is 250.

It's not based on quantity - exams would have no meaning if it was.
Original post by Ketchup!
You don't need 700 words to get a good mark - if anything, your mark will be lower as there will be lower attention to detail. I've gotten 30-35 by doing around 300 words, and the recommended minimum is 250.

It's not based on quantity - exams would have no meaning if it was.

That has made me feel a bit better, thank you.

I think you're correct, well I hope you are!! :L

It's just a waiting game now I guess...
700 words for an essay is insane. For those who wrote that much, are you sure all of that was relevant + made sense? I don't mean to be rude, but the minimum amount of words they say is 200, where 250 is satisfactory, and ~300 being very good. 350 if you wanna go that extra step - but 700?! Are you guys french?!
Original post by The Assassin
700 words for an essay is insane. For those who wrote that much, are you sure all of that was relevant + made sense? I don't mean to be rude, but the minimum amount of words they say is 200, where 250 is satisfactory, and ~300 being very good. 350 if you wanna go that extra step - but 700?! Are you guys french?!

I did the noivelles tech essay, did about 4 sides everything seemed relevant:
Intro, talked about both sides of the question and the general situation.
Points for why nouvelle tech is dangerous
Health- weight and radio waves/ cancer
Sexual predators
Social networking can be used to incite riots (like the ones in London this summer)
Ruins communication
Why kids continue to use it
Useful
Peer pressure and advertising
Can be educational
One other reason I can't remember
Conclusion

As you can see that's a lot of points, which I then explained and linked back to the question so I don't see how I could have done that in 300 words considering I had like 11 paragraphs
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by emza004
Waiittt a second.. it is more people go to the cinema in france... but the question was:

'Les autres europeens vont au cinema':
A aussi souvent que les Francais
B moins souvent que les Francais
C plus souvent que les Francais

Which is why its less cos they go less than the French.. get me? That's what I was saying.. did you write that?

Yeah you're right :smile: Sorry, didn't meant to come across as rude, thanks for all your help.

I think that's what I put, hope so anyway.
Original post by tooambitious
Intro, tales about both sides of the question and the general situation.
Sexual predators
Social networking can be used to incite riots (like the ones in London this summer)
Ruins communication
Useful
Can be educational
Conclusion

As you can see that's a lot of points, which I then explained and linked back to the question so I don't see how I could have done that in 300 words considering I had like 11 paragraphs

Wow you thought of a lot!

All I could think of was that due to the cost of them there has been an increase in crime and thefts.
Radiation/microwaves.
(Another point which I can't remember...)

Then I mentioned that they use them still to remain in contact with friends e.g. phones.
For security purposes and that's about it really.

I did get some good tenses and structures though, present participles with irregular verbs, subjunctive, conditional.

Guess we just all have to wait and see, but good luck to you all!
Original post by Ursin
Yep, I elaborated on about 4 points. If I do this for essays marked by my teachers, it's usually enough for an A, so you should be fine. :smile: Was talking about a campaign part of the question?

Yeah - the stimulus was "Le gouvernement vient de lancer une campagne pour informer les jeunes blahblahblah...".

And ^to this poster, it's quality, not quantity. :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 348
Original post by Forza-Milan2011
Finally someone who understood the question as well!

It didn't asked the advantages of technology but why youths still use them regardless of their dangers

and then i also used the campaign in my conclusion

You could incorporate the advantages of new technology into the question by saying that young people use them because of all the advantages they have.
The dangers could be discussed and then use the advantages to explain why young people still use the new technology..
Original post by constantmeowage
Yeah - the stimulus was "Le gouvernement vient de lancer une campagne pour informer les jeunes blahblahblah...".

Agree about quality over quantity, but I had an hour and a half for my essay do i thought why not write all the points that came to me :smile:
Reply 350
Original post by constantmeowage

Whoops :s-smilie:
Original post by Ursin
Whoops :s-smilie:

Doesn't matter, my teacher actually told us to ignore the preamble :tongue:
Reply 352
probs the hardest exam ive ever done!
good job im dropping it next year, so not that significant to me!
how did everyone find it?
Original post by Blob2491
Thanks guys, I never planned on dropping French, I just wanted an insight =]
How well do you think you guys did?

I think it was OK. Definitely lost 2 marks on the listening (can't believe I couldn't work out 'dix milles' - they didn't pronounce the 'x' though!) but I think the others went fine. Not sure whether I covered enough points in my essay and whether I fully addressed the second part enough, but will have to see. A2 is going pretty well anyway so hopefully I will be able to get an A* and not needed to have resat in the first place!
Original post by Sorrento11
I had such difficulty in using the computer stuff.... It kept playing them twice for some reason aahhh

Haha what's a danger of new technology -- not being able to finish the paper because you're trying to fix the computer!!

I also had that problem as well! I wish they wouldn't separate the recordings out per track - it really made things more confusing! It might be better if they did each question as a single track perhaps.
Original post by tooambitious
Intro, talked about both sides of the question and the general situation.
Sexual predators
Ruins communication
Useful
Can be educational
Conclusion

Maybe your just a show off lad who likes to share his 'excellence' in school on a website because your too insecure to truly believe it in real life thus you want people to tell you how amazing you are on here !
Truth you ain't amazing you probably spent too long on the essay and missed parts of the reading and listening or your parents pay £19000 a year to send you to a private school with other snobs while you log in here and make people feel like they're inferior about the amount they wrote in their essay !!
WOULD THIS BE RIGHT!?!?

for the Tech essay

1. Intro

2. Dangers of technology:
can access to personal information on phones ect
can became addicted to the use of technologies such as Internet which leads to non active life etc
It can get you away a lot of money by spam ect on the internet

3. Why young people still use technologies:
they don't know the real consequences and impacts about technologies etc
This generation was born with the technologies and therefore is part of their daily life
The youths are influenced by big multinational companies that encourage to use many new technologies as new phones, laptops , ipads etc

conclusion: talked about the campaign and said what would happen in the future about the youths and technology
Original post by Forza-Milan2011
WOULD THIS BE RIGHT!?!?

for the Tech essay

1. Intro

2. Dangers of technology:
can access to personal information on phones ect
can became addicted to the use of technologies such as Internet which leads to non active life etc
It can get you away a lot of money by spam ect on the internet

3. Why young people still use technologies:
they don't know the real consequences and impacts about technologies etc
This generation was born with the technologies and therefore is part of their daily life
The youths are influenced by big multinational companies that encourage to use many new technologies as new phones, laptops , ipads etc

conclusion: talked about the campaign and said what would happen in the future about the youths and technology

sounds really good to me :biggrin:
i really like the bolded point, would have added it if i'd had time :tongue:
Original post by HollyWilloughby
Maybe your just a show off lad who likes to share his 'excellence' in school on a website because your too insecure to truly believe it in real life thus you want people to tell you how amazing you are on here !
Truth you ain't amazing you probably spent too long on the essay and missed parts of the reading and listening or your parents pay £19000 a year to send you to a private school with other snobs while you log in here and make people feel like they're inferior about the amount they wrote in their essay !!

Firstly these are the problems with you attack:
im a girl
lol, i go to a state school
not everyone who goes to a private school is a snob
Secondly, i really dont see what your problem is, and what right you have to make these assumptions, i was responding to someone who said that those of us who wrote 700+ words, wrote irrelevant things/ must be french. Surely this person is the 'insecure' one trying to put us (us being people who wrote a lot) down? Having said that, im not a crazy armchair ninja, hiding behind a screen and i dont believe that for a second. What happened was they asked a genuine question i gave a genuine respone. So how is that showing off?

yes maybe i did spend too much time on the essay, but i found the listening/reading way harder than usual, knew i lost some marks, so i thought do the best i can in the essay.

You really sound like a ***** by the way. I await your reply, if it ever comes, probably just a coward
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Chazzybish
I think it was OK. Definitely lost 2 marks on the listening (can't believe I couldn't work out 'dix milles' - they didn't pronounce the 'x' though!) but I think the others went fine. Not sure whether I covered enough points in my essay and whether I fully addressed the second part enough, but will have to see. A2 is going pretty well anyway so hopefully I will be able to get an A* and not needed to have resat in the first place!

I think I lost all marks on the first listening question
1) they're overweight
2) meals are no longer traditional
3) they eat 3 sandwiches between meals
4) I think i made up the last one

and -2 for the music section on rap i think =[

Well done, I hope you get the grade you deserve despite this being a rubbish paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending