The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
Same goes for me. I'd love to change my single room for anything closer. Biggest reason to that is because I am not a morning bird and I literally would kill if needed to get my extra 5 min of sleep.

Cheers :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Are you two whining because you're 15 minutes away from college? :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Yep. But in the booklet i says 25-30 min but i reckon it'd be around 20 is you walk fairly fast.

I prefer to live closer either way.
Just get the 29 bus! Srsly save yourself the hassle.

I lived in Kentish Town last year and all the burden was to leave half an hour before lectures were due to start, rather than five minutes.

And relative to many people I know going to college, Camden is a stroll compared to where they live.
Reply 5
Sure you have a point, but then you do not realise that it is not only the distance factor that weighs in.

There are other several reasons why living in Bloomsbury would benefit me. Either way, if I can't swap I won't be whining and be cross about it that'd just be ridiculous. It is more that if I have a chance to get something better why not try?
Reply 6
Nah distance isn't a factor for me. As you say, the 29 takes you to UCL in about 10 minutes or less, depending on traffic.

For me I was really hoping for an ensuite location!
Saiming
Sure you have a point, but then you do not realise that it is not only the distance factor that weighs in.

There are other several reasons why living in Bloomsbury would benefit me. Either way, if I can't swap I won't be whining and be cross about it that'd just be ridiculous. It is more that if I have a chance to get something better why not try?

Why, Camden too scummy for you? :colonhash:

Spoiler

But yeah short of going private there will be virtually nowhere closer.
Reply 8
rockrunride
Why, Camden too scummy for you? :colonhash:

Spoiler

But yeah short of going private there will be virtually nowhere closer.

I have yet to make a personal judgement since I have never been there. I visited UCL and it's surroundings since I was pretty sure that'd I'd get at least my second choice.

I do not want to change because 'it is in camden' has absolutely nothing to do with it. Ask yourself this if you have given them your two choices, asked for intercollegiate and set a preference for proximity as a priority and then get Ifor Evans which is not an intercollegiate and is not at all close to campus. Wouldn't you want to change?

Trying to dig out my reasons for wanting a swap won't work, sorry.
Saiming
I have yet to make a personal judgement since I have never been there. I visited UCL and it's surroundings since I was pretty sure that'd I'd get at least my second choice.

I do not want to change because 'it is in camden' has absolutely nothing to do with it. Ask yourself this if you have given them your two choices, asked for intercollegiate and set a preference for proximity as a priority and then get Ifor Evans which is not an intercollegiate and is not at all close to campus. Wouldn't you want to change?

Trying to dig out my reasons for wanting a swap won't work, sorry.

I know. It was a joke, lovie.

Come on though, I know someone commuting from Slough.
Reply 10
rockrunride
I know. It was a joke, lovie.

Come on though, I know someone commuting from Slough.

Yeah I know, but I felt that is would be fun to see where the conversation lead to. What I meant is that I have nothing against Camden. Just that Ifor Evans is a bit far off and sure it is still relatively close as you illustrated in your previous post.

Either way let's get back on topic :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending