The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Anyone else applying/has applied to UCL's Robotics and AI MEng course??

just wondering if anyone else here is looking at taking this course, since i've seen close to no discussion of it on here lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Brushwagg
I did

that's awesome! have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 3
Nothing so far. You?
I've also applied for the course and not heard anything back yet. It seems like from other threads and the spreadsheet from last year people heard back around the 16 and 17th March. Also if you don't mind me asking what predicted and GCSE grades do you guys have and what kind of things did you include in your personal statement? I've also seen from some statistics pages('what do they know') that 366 people(global) applied and around 150 people were given an offer. From that I think about 90-something people accepted the offer so i guess its a relatively small course which I kind of like the idea of to be honest. Of course that was the first year of the course, so I'm expecting a lot more people will be applying this year.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've also applied for the course and not heard anything back yet. It seems like from other threads and the spreadsheet from last year people heard back around the 16 and 17th March. Also if you don't mind me asking what predicted and GCSE grades do you guys have and what kind of things did you include in your personal statement? I've also seen from some statistics pages('what do they know') that 366 people(global) applied and around 150 people were given an offer. From that I think about 90-something people accepted the offer so i guess its a relatively small course which I kind of like the idea of to be honest. Of course that was the first year of the course, so I'm expecting a lot more people will be applying this year.

4A* predicted, maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. In my personal statement I included all the AI presentations and essays I have given at school and in external competitions. And a bit of maths that was relevant to AI.
Where else have you applied?

4A* predicted, maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. In my personal statement I included all the AI presentations and essays I have given at school and in external competitions. And a bit of maths that was relevant to AI.
Where else have you applied?

I applied imperial, kings, Warwick and Birmingham. I’ve had offers from kings, Warwick and Birmingham and I did the imperial entrance exam but I know it’s not good enough to get me an offer unfortunately. How about you?
Reply 7
I applied imperial, kings, Warwick and Birmingham. I’ve had offers from kings, Warwick and Birmingham and I did the imperial entrance exam but I know it’s not good enough to get me an offer unfortunately. How about you?

I applied to Kings, Edinburgh, Southampton, Leicester and UCL. Have offers from all but UCL. Would UCL be your first choice?
I applied to Kings, Edinburgh, Southampton, Leicester and UCL. Have offers from all but UCL. Would UCL be your first choice?

Yes I think it probably would. The only reason I'd consider putting imperial top is because it's technically a better university however I don't really like their supposed AI course(it's basically a copy of their computer science but in the fourth year you do AI modules). For Kings did you apply for their 'Artificial Intelligence with a year in industry' or a different course? Also are you more of an engineer or computer science person because I think there'd be both types of people applying for this UCL course if you get what I mean(I'm more of a computer science person).
Reply 9
Yes I think it probably would. The only reason I'd consider putting imperial top is because it's technically a better university however I don't really like their supposed AI course(it's basically a copy of their computer science but in the fourth year you do AI modules). For Kings did you apply for their 'Artificial Intelligence with a year in industry' or a different course? Also are you more of an engineer or computer science person because I think there'd be both types of people applying for this UCL course if you get what I mean(I'm more of a computer science person).

I applied to the meng AI at kings. I’m more of a computer science person
Reply 10

I got two A*s in maths and cs, and an A in physics and epq for my predicted grades. I put some stuff about my EPQ's focus (applications of technology and its impact on humanity), some microcontroller projects I'm working on individually, and a game development project I'm leading with a couple of friends. I also put a bit on my work experience and some extracurriculars I've done / am interested in around maths. tbh my gcse grades were not the strongest, but I got a 7 in maths, and an 8 in physics and cs.
Reply 11
Nothing so far. You?

Heard nothing back from UCL, this is probably a course where admissions are done by gathered field. I did apply to manchester, Birmingham, imperial, and bath and I've gotten an offer from manchester two weeks ago, and an admissions test for imperial last week though, just waiting on the results from that right now
Reply 12
Original post by retroflour
Heard nothing back from UCL, this is probably a course where admissions are done by gathered field. I did apply to manchester, Birmingham, imperial, and bath and I've gotten an offer from manchester two weeks ago, and an admissions test for imperial last week though, just waiting on the results from that right now

did you apply for cs courses at the others?
Reply 13
did you apply for cs courses at the others?

nope, i applied for mainly just variations of robotics and mechatronics for the rest, specifically visual computing and robotics for imperial, robotics engineering for bath, mechatronic and robotic engineering for Birmingham, and mechatronic engineering for manchester. did you apply for any cs courses?
Reply 14
Original post by retroflour
nope, i applied for mainly just variations of robotics and mechatronics for the rest, specifically visual computing and robotics for imperial, robotics engineering for bath, mechatronic and robotic engineering for Birmingham, and mechatronic engineering for manchester. did you apply for any cs courses?

I applied to ai courses at kings, Edinburgh and Southampton. Leicester was maths with AI
I applied to ai courses at kings, Edinburgh and Southampton. Leicester was maths with AI

How long did it take u to get ur offer at Kings. I’ve applied for Robotics and Ai for UCL and Ai for Kings too but haven’t hear back from any. Got 3 A* predicted maths comp and econ. Starting to feel like I won’t get them 😬😬, and I applied 1st December
Reply 16
Original post by Itz_ashraya
How long did it take u to get ur offer at Kings. I’ve applied for Robotics and Ai for UCL and Ai for Kings too but haven’t hear back from any. Got 3 A* predicted maths comp and econ. Starting to feel like I won’t get them 😬😬, and I applied 1st December

Kings took exactly a month. They are probably now waiting for the UCAS deadline before making more decisions. Where else did you apply?
Kings took exactly a month. They are probably now waiting for the UCAS deadline before making more decisions. Where else did you apply?

Oh nice ! yeh i applied queen Mary's for a computer science and ai which i got an offer for. And ive been put on "hold" for bristol computer science and my last option was for a degree apprenticeship for PWC which would be at queen mary's too but they have a long process so wont get results for that for a while. Is this UCL course your number 1 priority ? i wonder what the acceptance figures will be for this year.
Original post by Itz_ashraya

I applied 11th October(or about then) and got my Kings offer 15th December
I applied 11th October(or about then) and got my Kings offer 15th December

Nice where else did you apply, also what were ur predicted grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending