The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL English 2024

Hi! I applied to UCL on the 6th of October, and I've read that usually they interview for English. Is it normal that I haven't heard back yet? Im getting worried since it's already January

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I know of one student (UK, not contextual) who was interviewed last week but have not heard of anyone else yet. Have not seen many others posting about UCL English generally though.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
last year (23 entry) i got an offer very very late on 28th march without an interview for english (UK, non-contextual applicant), and i applied october 10th.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
last year (23 entry) i got an offer very very late on 28th march without an interview for english (UK, non-contextual applicant), and i applied october 10th.

what grades did you have ?
Original post by user349876

what grades did you have ?

being at ucl, they really really do not care about predicated grades, as long as you meet the requirements. I was predicted A*A*A and A* in an epq on old english, but i knew of others with 5/6A*s that were rejected.
Reply 5
being at ucl, they really really do not care about predicated grades, as long as you meet the requirements. I was predicted A*A*A and A* in an epq on old english, but i knew of others with 5/6A*s that were rejected.

oh wow okay thank you ! so it's mostly personal statement based i guess ?

oh wow okay thank you ! so it's mostly personal statement based i guess ?

definitely personal statement, if you’re considering ucl i can answer some questions! i love the english department here!
Reply 7
definitely personal statement, if you’re considering ucl i can answer some questions! i love the english department here!

thank you so much !

ucl is my preferred, but i have not received anything from them yet, just still waiting on an interview
i'm unsure whether i should be nervous or not as their website says they interview from november to march so any reassurance would be helpful! thank you!

thank you so much !

ucl is my preferred, but i have not received anything from them yet, just still waiting on an interview
i'm unsure whether i should be nervous or not as their website says they interview from november to march so any reassurance would be helpful! thank you!

honestly don’t stress! i ended up stressing so badly just to end up with an offer with no interview (although i think this depends on how good your PS is as most in my cohort got interviewed, barring the international students)
Reply 9
honestly don’t stress! i ended up stressing so badly just to end up with an offer with no interview (although i think this depends on how good your PS is as most in my cohort got interviewed, barring the international students)

so i guess the best thing to do is just trust the process ?! i have read my personal statement so many times in the past couple days haha it has gotten me other offers but i assume they value it less

so i guess the best thing to do is just trust the process ?! i have read my personal statement so many times in the past couple days haha it has gotten me other offers but i assume they value it less

don’t stress! it’ll be fine! from what unis have you gotten other offers from?
I’m currently in 2nd year English at UCL… Happy to answer any questions about the course!
Hi I’ve applied to ucl this year for English undergraduate and am worried about how big the city and university is and how I will meet people
Original post by glaring-cop
Hi I’ve applied to ucl this year for English undergraduate and am worried about how big the city and university is and how I will meet people

You meet people just fine! the department does a lot of gatherings at the start of term and you make friends in your accommodation and in societies etc. what’s good about ucl is that you get that campus close feel in central london, so you’re not always mingling with the public. bloomsbury is also a lovely area.
don’t stress! it’ll be fine! from what unis have you gotten other offers from?

currently got offers from warwick, kcl and loughborough !
Also how does the ucl accommodation system work I’m so confused do we apply for the Halle later down the line?
Hey, almost the same problem. They scheduled an interview with me but didn't give me the time just the date. I have been worried to death ☹️ still haven't got a response yet even though my interview will be tomorrow
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hey, almost the same problem. They scheduled an interview with me but didn't give me the time just the date. I have been worried to death ☹️ still haven't got a response yet even though my interview will be tomorrow

i think the proactive thing to do would be to email the english admissions office (email found on english website under “people”)
Just found this after posting my own question on here. I am still waiting to hear back.

There was an open day on the 20th I think, which I couldn't make. If anyone has attended that, did the department say anything about the progress of applications?
when they say the interviews are from nov-march, is it including march?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending