The Student Room Group

BSc / BA

The girl sat in front of me in the library is saying that a BSc degree has more job oppurtunities than a BA -
The other girl sat here was wondering what the difference between an Accounting and Finance BSc and Accounting and Finance BA is - and the girl I mentioned initially said one has more job oppurtunities and is better recognized and more favourable :s-smilie:

Does/Is it really? :lolwut:

Not that I want to even do A & F - It's just made me wonder :s-smilie:

:blush:
Reply 1
Altogether I'd agree that there are MORE job opportunities with a BSci than a BA, but that's like saying there's more you can make with an apple than a peach. Doesn't mean one's better than the other, there's just more jobs out there that generally require a BSci. It'd be an amazing coincidence if there were exactly the same number of jobs out there for each.
i think it could be with the level of maths you would have to do, a BSc you would do more then a BA, i could be wrong

i think thats what my housemate has said in the past about it, his doing A&F

again it depend on what you get and how you use your time at uni, job opportunities
Reply 3
this is actually quite worrying if it's true, although i doubt it is, because the degree i'm applying for is a BSc at some unis but BA in others :s-smilie:

maths & philosophy joint honours, btw :sadnod:
Reply 4
I doubt it, im doing Bsc in A&F as long as you get a good degree (1:1 or 2:smile: and register with one of the accounting boards, weather you did BA or Bsc is irrelevant
I would argue [although my sig betrays why], that a BSc is slightly more respected than a BA, but not by much, and not for any logical reason. It's just the public perception that sciences are more respectable than the "arts", even though the use of the word "arts" in the academic sense incorporates a whole ream of subjects. On top of that, a BSc is a slightly rarer degree than a BA, because it incorporates far fewer subjects.

To be honest, it's not down to what type of degree or subject you do, it's down to how you perform in the subject and what kind of person you are.
Reply 6
Dude most of cambridge's degrees are BA, BA/Bsc it doesnt really matter as long as its a good degree
Reply 7
They're both respectable, but there might be more job opportunities with a BSc as it's a scientific discipline, and in general there is more demand in this area.
Reply 8
mel0n
The girl sat in front of me in the library is saying that a BSc degree has more job oppurtunities than a BA -
The other girl sat here was wondering what the difference between an Accounting and Finance BSc and Accounting and Finance BA is - and the girl I mentioned initially said one has more job oppurtunities and is better recognized and more favourable :s-smilie:

Does/Is it really? :lolwut:

Not that I want to even do A & F - It's just made me wonder :s-smilie:

:blush:

Not particularly.

Latest

Trending

Trending