The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Linguistics Offer Holders Thread

Hey this is a thread I made for the UCL Linguistics Offer Holders!! Say hi and introduce yourselves :biggrin:! Are you home or international, what qualifications do you study etc? Would love to get to know everyone :biggrin:!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

University College London, University of London
University College London
London
hi! i'm an international student and i've gotten an offer to study ba linguistics this coming september, and i think it would be cool if i managed to connect with people that i might potentially be seeing around next year, especially since the linguistics department seems quite small and tight-knit!
Apparently, there will be like 40 of us total, so we'll basically know everyone
(edited 1 month ago)
wait only 40?!?! that's crazy!!
Original post by emm4nuella
Apparently, there will be like 40 of us total, so we'll basically know everyone
and i'm assuming this is for both ba and bsc?
Original post by vickitoriaa
and i'm assuming this is for both ba and bsc?
yeah
yeah

wow, i know they said the cohort was gonna be small, but i didn't realise it was this small
wow, i know they said the cohort was gonna be small, but i didn't realise it was this small

lol :biggrin:
@mimi_113 also tagging you in the thread :smile: and also @pineapple1865 and @kijeta
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 10
Hi, I'm an international student and I have an offer to study BA Linguistics at UCL this september. I'm excited to meet everyone since not many people choose to study linguistics :smile:
Original post by nehirrr
Hi, I'm an international student and I have an offer to study BA Linguistics at UCL this september. I'm excited to meet everyone since not many people choose to study linguistics :smile:

omg hiiii!
Original post by nehirrr

yay hii!!! nice to meet another international linguistics ba applicant!!
Reply 13
yay hii!!! nice to meet another international linguistics ba applicant!!
so glad to meet you!
Reply 14
@mimi_113 also tagging you in the thread :smile: and also @pineapple1865 and @kijeta

Hii!!! I'm deciding between BA linguistics and BSc experimental linguistics... But most likely I'm going to UCL regardless!
Original post by kijeta
Hii!!! I'm deciding between BA linguistics and BSc experimental linguistics... But most likely I'm going to UCL regardless!

omg yayyyy i'm doing the bsc but whichever one u choose we will be together for 1st year anyway :biggrin:
Reply 16
omg yayyyy i'm doing the bsc but whichever one u choose we will be together for 1st year anyway :biggrin:

omg!! mind if you quickly outline what made you choose the science?
Original post by kijeta
omg!! mind if you quickly outline what made you choose the science?

just preferred it :biggrin:! but if i change my mind i can always change to the BA
Reply 18
just preferred it :biggrin:! but if i change my mind i can always change to the BA

wait can you change to BA afterwards? I've heard from a current student that you can't swap once you're enrolled
Original post by kijeta
wait can you change to BA afterwards? I've heard from a current student that you can't swap once you're enrolled

not after you have enrolled but for now you can change once youve gotten an offer! are you doing the ba or bsc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending