The Student Room Group

Help with modules and general wonders.

Right 2 questions the first one being what is quantitative biology?

the second is since im doing biochemistry but I hate biology and chemistry I was looking to take a module in physics.I want to see if anyone can give me a heads up on that one.

Thank you in advance

But yes My option modules will include 3 physics modules if I could :smile: Physics foundation, Introduction to partical physics and Mechanics & special relativity.

I am capable of doing physics at Uni as I got 4 A at A level, Bio, phys, chem and math and I should be able to handle the pressure as I did those 4 A levels in 1 year.

Any advice appreciated.
ExtrinsicThyroid
Right 2 questions the first one being what is quantitative biology?

Most likely to be statistics.

the second is since im doing biochemistry but I hate biology and chemistry I was looking to take a module in physics.I want to see if anyone can give me a heads up on that one.

You may be able to do so if you pick a university that has a more liberal approach to subject choices in the first year such as a Scottish university. I'm not sure I'd advise doing biochemistry when you dislike its allied disciplines so much. Most biochemistry courses expect you to study chemistry and biology at least in the first year (for example at Nottingham, all first year biochemists had to do chemistry modules, including labs).

But yes My option modules will include 3 physics modules if I could :smile: Physics foundation, Introduction to partical physics and Mechanics & special relativity.

I doubt you'll get to do special relativity as an elective module tbh. An introduction to particle physics for outside students is likely to be very basic.

I am capable of doing physics at Uni as I got 4 A at A level, Bio, phys, chem and math and I should be able to handle the pressure as I did those 4 A levels in 1 year.

Why not do a physics degree if you like it so much?
ChemistBoy
Most likely to be statistics.

You may be able to do so if you pick a university that has a more liberal approach to subject choices in the first year such as a Scottish university. I'm not sure I'd advise doing biochemistry when you dislike its allied disciplines so much. Most biochemistry courses expect you to study chemistry and biology at least in the first year (for example at Nottingham, all first year biochemists had to do chemistry modules, including labs).

I doubt you'll get to do special relativity as an elective module tbh. An introduction to particle physics for outside students is likely to be very basic.

Why not do a physics degree if you like it so much?

Thank you for reply, why not do physics? cause I want to do medicine in long run and my uni allowed it as I phoned them up for me to do physics modules. I was just unsure when i posted this and unfortunately no one replied for over a day so I decided to see if i could get through to them.. after many hours I got hold of the teachers, they found it funny and let me do it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending