The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

ULaw LLM BPC

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone doing the BPC LLM at University of Law could help share your experience. Particularly regarding the Pro Bono module (LLM). I’ve chosen the Bristol campus too so if you have anything to share on that, I’d appreciate it!
Original post by Harish25
Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone doing the BPC LLM at University of Law could help share your experience. Particularly regarding the Pro Bono module (LLM). I’ve chosen the Bristol campus too so if you have anything to share on that, I’d appreciate it!

Hi,

I currently study the BPC LLM (pro Bono) at the Bristol campus. So, compared to some of Ulaw's larger campuses, we have little option over the pro Bono work that we do for the LLM aspect. This is not necessarily a bad thing as the work is still very interesting and great legal experience for putting on your CV etc. For the actual module, you do the pro Bono work (in my case this is with a Mental Health solicitor) and then you write a 8,000 report on what you learnt and did over the year. You only have to submit this in September so you have the whole summer to write it after completing your BPC exams in May which means the workload is actually quite manageable.

I hope this helps a bit! 🙂
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you, that helps!

May I ask, what are the Pro Bono work options available at the Bristol Campus?
Original post by Harish25
Thank you, that helps!
May I ask, what are the Pro Bono work options available at the Bristol Campus?

Hi!

Unfortunately, this won't be the most helpful answer as they change each year depending on who is available to run the course and the number of students enrolled on this pathway. This year, due to smaller numbers, there was only one option which involves working with a Mental Health solicitor. This solicitor attends a lot of mental health tribunals when people have been detained in mental health facilities for treatment/wellbeing and wish to be allowed to leave. So we have learnt about this process, mental health law in general and working with vulnerable clients.

I hope this helps 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending