The Student Room Group

University - History - Social

Hey, so what are the best universities out there for History, with a great social life.

Currently i'm looking at LSE, KCL RHUL and from what i've ready they don't have fantastic social "outlets" as such.

I'm also looking at Warwick, and Bristol (More so than ever now)

What are these places like for their Social life?

Also what other top Russell group Uni's have been rated with fantastic social life?
Max Hinks
Hey, so what are the best universities out there for History, with a great social life.

Currently i'm looking at LSE, KCL RHUL and from what i've ready they don't have fantastic social "outlets" as such.

I'm also looking at Warwick, and Bristol (More so than ever now)

What are these places like for their Social life?

Also what other top Russell group Uni's have been rated with fantastic social life?

LSE not great, though you are in London.
KCL - awesome
RHUL - pretty poor, 20 min train from London
Bristol - awesome
Reply 2
Bristol seems ever more so attractive, can't say i'm too enthusiastic about KCL's History degree.
Reply 3
Bristol's history department really isn't great, neither is it's Library collections. Warwick's is much better as a department, although the social life is a bit of an acquired taste and not for everyone. You might want to have a look at somewhere like Leeds, Birmingham or Southampton.
Reply 4
RHUL's social life is not as bad as people make out. You've got to make the most of what's around and your friends. Plus you have got London at the end of a 40min train ride, although difficult to get back late at night. However, RHUL's academic side would let it down - poor resources is the big one.

What about UCL?
Reply 5
What about Exeter and York?
Reply 6
Bristol do have a great social scene, but the History course/department aren't great. And they have the most random selection process known to man. Other unis have questionable ones, but at least it's common knowledge what they're looking for...

Latest

Trending

Trending