The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why isnt he getting the gary glitter treatment???
Reply 2
It's another fine example of Western hypocrisy. Pedophilia is only acceptable if you win an Oscar I guess.
grief dispensation? I don't know if that's an actual thing, nor do i condone it, but it could be a possibility...
Reply 4
Yeah... I don't get it either, although I don't know much about it.
They weren't unfounded, he confessed. Although he said it was consensual even though he drugged her.

Who is supporting him? :s-smilie:
I suppose with it being (I want to say) 1974 and not being an official citizen things may have been different? I don't have any knowledge of American Law but I'm just going by common sense hahah just about!
nolongerhearthemusic
They weren't unfounded, he confessed. Although he said it was consensual even though he drugged her.

Who is supporting him? :s-smilie:

oh its a travesty that they are picking him on on his way to get a reward etc...

he appears to be getting neutral to slightly positive press, which i find amusing considering how the papers usually destroy even anyone suspected of pedophilia
The victim in the case wants the charges dropped, and he hasn't been convicted of anything in absentia.

I think it would be more of a crime to lock him up than what he did.
Aphotic Cosmos
The victim in the case wants the charges dropped, and he hasn't been convicted of anything in absentia.

she complained at the time and accused him of coercing her into sex and drugging her to comply...

pretty serious stuff.

the fact shes not so bitter about it 30 years later doesnt really change the crime does it???
Aphotic Cosmos

What the victim wants doesn't matter.
Throw away the key.

Aphotic Cosmos

:awesome:

You've reminded why I'm so enamored with Liberals.
I hate the bastard
But his macbeth was outstanding
Aphotic Cosmos

He pleaded guilty as part of a plea bargain and then fled the country... and how is him being locked up to face trial worse than what he did? It's statutory rape and has nothing to do with what the victim thinks, especially 30 years on.
There's no reasoning there at all.
Reply 14
The victim settled with him out of court and doesn't want him charged -- that should be the end of it! If the alleged crime was over 30 years ago, who cares now? She is older, with lots of money, and has probably forgot about it.
OneEyedYellowIdol
He pleaded guilty as part of a plea bargain and then fled the country... and how is him being locked up to face trial worse than what he did? It's statutory rape and has nothing to do with what the victim thinks, especially 30 years on.
There's no reasoning there at all.

It was also actual rape according to her.
typiin
The victim settled with him out of court and doesn't want him charged -- that should be the end of it! If the alleged crime was over 30 years ago, who cares now? She is older, with lots of money, and has probably forgot about it.

lol so rich people should be able to buy their way out of the criminal courts???

so much for the law applying no matter who you are....
Reply 17
LiveFastDieYoung
lol so rich people should be able to buy their way out of the criminal courts???

so much for the law applying no matter who you are....

It has nothing to do with how rich he is. Get a dictionary and look up the word "settlement" (and no, I don't mean place where people live).
typiin
It has nothing to do with how rich he is. Get a dictionary and look up the word "settlement" (and no, I don't mean place where people live).

Oh so would you say the same thing about a murderer who made a 'settlement' with their victim's family?

And making a 'settlement' does have quite a lot to do with how rich you are...
typiin

Is it even legal to settle a rape case out of court??! :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending