The Student Room Group

The Anime Society 4: Fabulous Traps within!

Hello and welcome to the Anime Society!! This is our on-topic thread for discussing anything and everything to do with anime, manga and related media. It's the place to be for recommendations (both to make and receive) - tell us about your favourite series or any gossip/news about the industry........just be sure to stay on-topic and keep the spam in the spam thread :p:

To join our happy family click here!

In addition to this thread we have a number of other threads that you may be interested in :smile:

The Anime Society: Chat Our chat (spam) thread where anything goes (within TSR rules of course :wink:) feel free to pop in and ramble with the regulars!

Anime Caption Competition The weekly (mostly) caption competiton.

The Thread of Anime Reviews Our review thread; the series selected by our members are changed every month. All participants are welcome!

Anime Quotes Thread Does exactly what it says on the tin - a thread for all your favourite quotes!

New Anime Preview Thread If you want info on what shows are coming out in the new season, this is the thread for you links to previous seasons are in the 1st post :biggrin:

Studio Ghibli Society A separate Society, but Studio Ghibli is relevant to any anime fans interest :h:

We also have a few threads for specific series, to allow for a more in-depth, interruption free discussion. If you start a thread and want it added here, just PM me :yeah:
Bakuman.
Kuroshi~tsuji (Black Butler)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Fairy Tail
Kuuchuu Buranko/Trapeze

Now for the srsbns:

Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags!

Links to streaming/download sites are against TSR rules please adhere to this. Linking to legal sources such as Crunchyroll is fine.

Thanks in advance happy posting! :h:

2009 AniSoc Awards

2010 AniSoc Awards

Best contributor to the on-topic thread

Spoiler

Perve of the year

Spoiler

Weirdo of the year

Spoiler

Narutard of the year

Spoiler

Funniest member of the year

Spoiler

Lolicon of the year

Spoiler

Newbie of the year

Spoiler

Hauu au au award for most adorable member

Spoiler

The vin-kin angriest member of the year award

Spoiler

Reviewer of the year

Spoiler

The Truered award for being named Truered

Spoiler

Anime Society member for 2010

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:woo:

I'm now up to episode 6 of Queen's blade :giggle: It's been a brainless but fun series so far. Then again, I am a male, so I guess I wouldn't dislike it as much as Cara :mmm:
Reply 2
Add hard mello to that :stomp:
Reply 3
Hard Mello is the Spam thread mascot! I don't want to mentally scar any new members :laugh:
Reply 4
Moar Hard Mello :coma:
caraniel
Hard Mello is the Spam thread mascot! I don't want to mentally scar any new members :laugh:

You forgot the ontopic thread mascot though. :puppyeyes: :p:

Well I'm running out of things to add to my posts to make them remotely ontopic, so I'll be off to watch more FMP in hopes that the next ep is post-worthy. :yes:
Reply 6
caraniel

your thread title sucks too :hmpf:
Reply 7
AngryJellyfish
You forgot the ontopic thread mascot though. :puppyeyes: :p:

Well I'm running out of things to add to my posts to make them remotely ontopic, so I'll be off to watch more FMP in hopes that the next ep is post-worthy. :yes:

Breakdancing Vegeta is the new on-topic thread mascot - he's not creepy :h:

I'm off to either write a review of Nyan Koi! or watch the 1st episode of Inuyasha: Final Act :yes:

EDIT: you're never happy Vin :sigh:.........quit spaming!
nice opening cara :woo:

anime :love:
Reply 9
caraniel

I'm off to either write a review of Nyan Koi! or watch the 1st episode of Inuyasha: Final Act :yes:

:hahaha: nice try

Im just in a bad mood because of the other thread, ontopicness will resume shortly when I relax a little :cry2:

EDIT: So today Ive been reading the first volume of the Akira manga :smile:. Im about alf way through this one, there dont seem to be any chapters :s: But it could look really cool animated as a full series :yes:
Reply 10
Hehehe the last thread had the best last post evar :awesome:

Halfway through Queen's blade now, watched six episodes today. Going to have a break now. Might watch a bit more anime later on tonight, but I have my damn 10am lecture tomorrow (I live off campus) and I've been waking up at 11 most of this week :mmm:
Reply 11
caraniel

I agree....Vegeta will always be my favourite character...he is definately not creepy :woo:
Reply 12
Also I have decided not to watch K-On (sorry to bring it up again Vin) but I will be watching Lucky Star if I can get hold of some episodes...thank you for the reviews Vin and Cara
Chibi-Neko-Cara Dejiko wasn't creepy. :frown:

Anyway, I got bored waiting for 'interesting' new fansub releases (this was before Natsu no Arashi came out :p:) so I'm currently waiting for Seitokai no Ichizon to download. :awesome: And still waiting... and will be for a few hours yet...
Reply 14
skipp
I agree....Vegeta will always be my favourite character...he is definately not creepy :woo:

I was trying to think of a time when he was but the closest I could think of was when he freed those prisoners on that planet before nappa and he arrived on earth. Then as those two were about to be reunited after overthrowing the evil ruler he blew up the planet and everyone on it died.:indiff:

Evil but not creepy.:giggle:
skipp
Also I have decided not to watch K-On (sorry to bring it up again Vin) but I will be watching Lucky Star if I can get hold of some episodes...thank you for the reviews Vin and Cara

:proud: its ok for you to mention it in this way. Lucky star on the otherhand is a good way to do a 4koma.:yes:
Reply 15
vin
I was trying to think of a time when he was but the closest I could think of was when he freed those prisoners on that planet before nappa and he arrived on earth. Then as those two were about to be reunited after overthrowing the evil ruler he blew up the planet and everyone on it died.:indiff:

Evil but not creepy.:giggle:

:proud: its ok for you to mention it in this way. Lucky star on the otherhand is a good way to do a 4koma.:yes:

That's good on both accounts...the moment he put that pink shirt on and married bulma however was the moment the show died...bulma makes me angry :mad: but yes lucky star sounds quite good...and it's actually about music :yep:
Lucky Star is about music? :confused: I know it's been a few years since I watched it, but I don't remember that? :hmmmm2:

I'd still say Azumanga and GA are better examples of 4-koma adaptations personally, but Lucky Star is pretty decent. :yes:
Reply 17
AngryJellyfish
Lucky Star is about music? :confused: I know it's been a few years since I watched it, but I don't remember that? :hmmmm2:

I'd still say Azumanga and GA are better examples of 4-koma adaptations personally, but Lucky Star is pretty decent. :yes:

I just got a kareoke bar and an anime muddled up I think :s-smilie: I feel a little stupid now...:blushing:I'd edit the post but that would be cowardly...but either way I will watch Lucky Star instead of K-On as suggested because I'd quite like to see some more 4-koma adaptations...and look it up on wikipedia and AP to avoid future confusion :p: I wanted to watch Azumanga Daioh anyway :P and I'll look up GA before making any assumptions (as I will do from now on)
Reply 18
skipp
That's good on both accounts...the moment he put that pink shirt on and married bulma however was the moment the show died...bulma makes me angry :mad: but yes lucky star sounds quite good...and it's actually about music :yep:

oh yeah that shirt:camp:

no its not :mmm:

DMC and Beck are both abit about music too :giggle:

I wouldnt bother watching GA atm, there seem to be no subs :s:

I ran out of Hunter x Hunter eps :frown: I was liking this series :sad:
Reply 19
vin
oh yeah that shirt:camp:

no its not :mmm:

DMC and Beck are both abit about music too :giggle:

I wouldnt bother watching GA atm, there seem to be no subs :s:

Will wait for subs then :smile: and I know...it may embaress me forever...Beck doesn't really appeal to me...the artwork put me off a bit

Latest