The Student Room Group

Advice on Medicine

I apologize for this thread as I know that there are other threads based on my topics however I don't seem to be getting any replies so I felt this was the best course of action.

I'm taking a gap year at the moment and re-applying. My grades are AAB in Maths Chem and Biology (grades in that order). Also have B in economics AS.

I got an average of 677.5 (690, 720, 620, 690) in my UKCAT this year (last year I got average of 635).

I'm applying to Southampton and King's College (the extended medical degree cos they put up their entry requirements from last year ). I'm not too sure were else I should apply to so I was hoping for some advice on what med schools I could get into with my grades and UKCAT (is mine good?).

Also do you reckon I have a good chance of getting into med school this year? Especially as I am taking a gap year and I have already started a long term placement in a GP surgery. Aslo I will be travelling to Nigeria for a month to get experience in a hospital.

One last thing. What good london unis do you think I could get a place in biomedical sciences (5th option) with a personal statement based on medicine?

Thanks for any help and please quote me!!
Reply 1
Wow, no advice then.
your ukcat is fine for all unis, your prediction probably ok as well... (apart from oxbridge)
what are your gcse grades? becase quite alot of unis take them in alot of account in the admissions process.
King's EMDP...aren't their requirements BBC (?), someone on here said that they don't accept grades much higher than that. I'm not sure though. You also have to qualify for all their other criteria.
Reply 4
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
King's EMDP...aren't their requirements BBC (?), someone on here said that they don't accept grades much higher than that. I'm not sure though. You also have to qualify for all their other criteria.

Yep I do as far as the info on their website is concerned.

Latest

Trending

Trending