The Student Room Group

Few questions

I want to send my applications off by end of October. How long does it take for offers to start coming through?

Is it worth doing a joint degree. For example, I was looking at doing History with Sociology. I have been told doing joint degrees is a mistake because you basically do 2/3 of both thus you have to do a lot more work than a 'normal' degree.

Also, I'm very annoyed because this year I got AAAB and hopefully will get AAA/AAB in A2. Yet because I didn't do a GCSE language I can't do the courses I want. I want to do History at a highly ranked Uni but they all seem to want a language to at least GCSE level - which I don't have. Is it worth contacting said Uni and consulting them or is it game over for my desired choices.

Thanks
Reply 1
Relative
I want to send my applications off by end of October. How long does it take for offers to start coming through?

It depends on the universities and departments. Some start sending out offers almost immediately; others wait until the January deadline.

Also, I'm very annoyed because this year I got AAAB and hopefully will get AAA/AAB in A2. Yet because I didn't do a GCSE language I can't do the courses I want. I want to do History at a highly ranked Uni but they all seem to want a language to at least GCSE level - which I don't have. Is it worth contacting said Uni and consulting them or is it game over for my desired choices.

It would certainly be worth contacting the universities to see if they'd still consider your application.
Reply 2
BJack
It depends on the universities and departments. Some start sending out offers almost immediately; others wait until the January deadline.

It would certainly be worth contacting the universities to see if they'd still consider your application.

thank you, will do that asap then.

Latest

Trending

Trending