The Student Room Group

timing trouble

im in my gcse's and predicted 5 and above for all my subjects except maths im predicted a 4, i know the stuff just i suck at timings, and i can be slow sometimes i spend to long trying to figure one question out i lose time on others and when i look back at my paper i think on an easier question 'crap i could have done that'

what do i do?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by jackspeakbest
im in my gcse's and predicted 5 and above for all my subjects except maths im predicted a 4, i know the stuff just i suck at timings, and i can be slow sometimes i spend to long trying to figure one question out i lose time on others and when i look back at my paper i think on an easier question 'crap i could have done that'
what do i do?

Hey

Have you spoken to your teacher or someone at school and asked for some exam technique advice / practice? If not, this is a good starting point!

If you realise once going through the test that there are questions further on you could've done then maybe spend a few minutes at the start of the exam flicking through and seeing which questions you know you could answer or would find easy and do them first. This way you're guaranteed to get marks from the questions you know you're comfortable answering and then you can focus your remaining time on the other questions without the worry of missing questions you can answer.

Hope this helps, Ella (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
👍️, i have a few times talked to them but somehow i always forget to flick through, i do on exams that don't mean anything but ones like mocks i just try so hard to make my answers perfect

(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest