The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Apfel
Virgin Media. <3 :love:

Virgin Media broadband is the sex.

:p:
Reply 81
sky have been great to me. We have been with them for ages and they have always been very helpful when we have phoned about any problems we have had with sky.
Reply 82
I don't know...

They provide me with decent entertainment.
You provide me information which has never effected me.

It's a really hard choice. Who to back? The corporation which has kept me entertained for a very long time? Or you?

Sky clearly tell you there's a minimum contract period. Lots of other companies do the same. Their service has been great to me over the years. They have never made me wait for a very long time either.
I'm with Sky and have never had any major problems.

The only real issue I had was when my router reset its self for no apparent reason and I lost all my WI-FI settings and blocked sites.

The only thing I hate with a passion is calling there 'Technical Support' Department as I said above my Router Reset its self out of nowhere and thats what I told the Indian woman on the phone. The rubbish she came out with was just unbelievable; Here are a few of my favourite out of a catalogue of spectacular quotes from 'Technical Support';

- Is there anything metal around the router = How would that cause it to reset out of nowhere?

- I'm showing that the computer is recording with the router and the router is recordings with our servers and I'm not seeings any issues with your current servings providings (I'm absolutely sure that she turned into PhoneJacker there) :curious:

- Can you make and receive calls alright? (what does that have to do with the router resetting :banghead:)

- Can you turn your computer off and on :facepalm:

Then to top it all off when I told her that I had lost all of my blocked sites (which are stored on the web interface of the router)

"Sir, Can you please restart the computer, the router does not control software from your router which I'm showing is currently recording with the computer" - Say Waaaattt? :hmmmm2:

Worst-Support-Ever-dot-com :thumbsdown:
Reply 84
Nextmove
I don't know...

They provide me with decent entertainment.
You provide me information which has never effected me.

It's a really hard choice. Who to back? The corporation which has kept me entertained for a very long time? Or you?

Sky clearly tell you there's a minimum contract period. Lots of other companies do the same. Their service has been great to me over the years. They have never made me wait for a very long time either.

If you are happy with Sky, then certainly stay with them. This is just a warning to all that not all is always what it seems which from my experiences seem to be the case, and this is probably true with most companies. People seem to have different experiences so make decisions depending on them.
Parrot-Bite
Well if you feel that way then great, carry on. I have been with sky for a year so I am making my own jugdements.

No need to congratulate me, you're probably someone who works for sky anyway, making biased comments, or you're just VERY lucky that you've had a good experience with them.

People should make their own decisions ofcourse, I'm saying just be careful whoever you sign up for, but Sky definately sucks.

You obviously haven't studied business, if you don't care about customers then your company will suffer the consequences.
I think 90% of my family and friends are with Sky, I've been with them on and off for 19 years and I've never heard about anybody having a problem with them. If I want to downdgrade my contract and I'm not in my first year it's not a problem. If I want to leave they're okay with that and they like it if I go back.

Customer Service is always friendly and helpful and I get what I buy from them.
Parrot-Bite
Sorry, but I was lied to. I was PROMISED by the salesperson that the monthly bill will be 25 quid (the pound sign isn't working on my keyboard :/ ). But I have been paying 60 quid which is more than twice the price of what I was offered.

wtf? For that to be even remotely possible, you'd have to be getting every "cheap" package (basic is about £17, there are 4 or 5 optional packages at £1 each, totalling just over £20), plus both the premium ones (sports and movies, £10 each), and Sky HD (£10), and their fastest broadband (£10). I think that comes to approx £60-£65.
Apfel
Virgin Media. <3 :love:

This.

All those american dramas to watch all for free,plus it's so useful having cach up tv instead of having to log on to a computer all the time
OP sounds like they've been reminiscing about the good old days, in which a tv only had 3 channels. 4 if you were lucky. :p:
Reply 89
Parrot-Bite
Sky is one of the worst companies that ever existed.

-They do not care about their customers, once they've got you glued with a contract that's it - they'll suck up your money.

-HIGHLY misleading advertises, not what they seem and full of lies

-The WORST customer service of all time - research by customer service watchdogs. People working there have not been trained properly. They will make you wait for ages until you get somebody to answer your call. They will cut you off the line after having waiting for so long - this happens to about 30% of calls according to the watchdogs.

The purpose of this post is to raise awareness to make sure no one gets scammed like I did. I was treatly really badly even sworn at by their so called 'staff'. NOTHING was done about it, I wrote a letter of complaint a 6 months ago which was never taken into consideration.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, just beware of what you're getting into when you sign contracts like this. Read customer feedback before signing a contract. I will not make the same mistake again. **** Sky and all their service.

What happened to Woolworths should have happened to Sky. :yes:

To the person who negative repped me: LOL have I touched nerves?! Was not my intention :P

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :hubba: :u: :yawn: :sleep: :rock: :stupido: :stupido: :talkhand: :doh: :hmpf: :lazy: :coma: :blah: :^_^: :shades: :shades: :groovy: :groovy: :cute: :smartass: :grumble: :angelblush: :angelblush: :idea2: :nothing: :blush: :hellloo: :hellloo: :broken: :stupido2: :stupido2: :stupido2: :boring: :teeth: :perv: :sexface: :sexface: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :creep: :eating: :smokin: :smokin: :pcguru: :pcguru: :smokin: :eating: :vroam: :egg: :captain: :captain: :itsme: :itsme: :bebored: :puke: :puke: :lollypop: :flybye: :goofy: :ff: :ff: :ff: :pee: :rave: :hide: :hide: :ff2: :hat2: :diep: :diep: :diep: :diep: :bong: :getmecoat: :tumble: :headbang: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

(My feelings for sky atm)
Reply 90
Drunk Punx
OP sounds like they've been reminiscing about the good old days, in which a tv only had 3 channels. 4 if you were lucky. :p:

:biggrin:
Reply 91
Peanut42
I like Sky! We have TV, broadband and phone from them, the only problems we have is the internet goes a bit slow sometimes, but I blame my housemates for playing too many online games.

And their customer service has always been good for me. Last time I had a lady who started randomly talking about her sister. Very friendly.

:holmes:
Reply 92
sky is the 1 :wink:

uve jus had a bad experience
Reply 93
EskimoJo
:holmes:

lol :biggrin:
Reply 94
cheena
sky is the 1 :wink:

uve jus had a bad experience

yeah, really bad :o:
Reply 95

My family have had sky since 05 we then went Sky+ late 08, no problems thus far...
Your one experience does not count for everyone's being bad. We've been with Sky 9 years and never had one single issue. Furthemore, customer service varies massively. I know since I used to work for their Customer Install team and I would give much better customer service than a lot of others and similarly, others who were probably much more knowledgeable than me as I wasn't there very long, gave better service.

Stop being so pathetic.
Only thing I would say is so many people are ****** up when joining broadband. Often not because of Sky but mostly because of issues with BT Open reach. However, another mass of issues arise from customers being told wrong things by other customer service people. But you can't discount loads of people that work for them as a lot of them do do their job well. TV and Broadband setups were dealt with by my dept. but the customer service dept are rubbish - we used to get tons of advice calls from them.
Reply 98
Clements-
Only thing I would say is so many people are ****** up when joining broadband. Often not because of Sky but mostly because of issues with BT Open reach. However, another mass of issues arise from customers being told wrong things by other customer service people. But you can't discount loads of people that work for them as a lot of them do do their job well. TV and Broadband setups were dealt with by my dept. but the customer service dept are rubbish - we used to get tons of advice calls from them.

Somewhere along the thread I have mentioned that I know it's not all the people like that. This thread has become long you probably haven't read it.
Parrot-Bite
Somewhere along the thread I have mentioned that I know it's not all the people like that. This thread has become long you probably haven't read it.

So...your earlier posts were invalid then. Doesn't that render this thread completely pointless?

Latest

Trending

Trending