The Student Room Group

530 Sorry, you may not connect more than five times simultaneously

I keep on getting that error when i'm ftping to my site.

It keeps on transfering a few files then timing out, and after a while it won't reconnect and i get the error.

Anyone else every got that before? how long do you think i have to leave it to upload the remaining files.

I'm trying in install Wordpress on my isps space after a free hosting company i was using shut down the database. (b*st*rds)

Reply 1
Are you using an ftp program that opens multiple connections?
Reply 2
Beat me to it. I have the same problem with Filezilla and my Xbox, I just disabled multiple connections
Reply 3
what ftp client are you using? And it's probably a 15 minute wait.
Reply 4
i've tried cute ftp, fireftp (firefox extension) and I.E. No luck so far.

I'll try disabling multiple connections. I've uploaded all the files now, but i would like to make it work for the future.
Reply 5
KidA
i've tried cute ftp, fireftp (firefox extension) and I.E. No luck so far.

I'll try disabling multiple connections. I've uploaded all the files now, but i would like to make it work for the future.

I use bulletproof FTP server and there are options that govern how many times each IP address can access the FTP. If you change this value or set it so there is no limit then you should be fine.
Reply 6
cheers guy, no idea what was happening but i downloaded the simplest ftp program i could find (deluxe ftp or something) its only 200kb :smile:

works a treat. changing the number of conections did nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending