The Student Room Group

Y11 Maths mocks

Just got one of my maths mocks back (paper 2)
And ngl ive accepted that i cant get a 7 in maths so what can i do from now on to get a 6 at least (i got 27 marks, which i think is a 5)

Lots of people will say to do past papers but when i do past papers half the time i dont know what to do because my school doesnt have good teachers and we arent really taught much higher content despite doing higher maths so ive learnt most of it on my own.
On maths genie i can do all of grade 6, a few in 7 and in grade 9 i can only do quadratic simultaneous equations and completing the square.
As i said i havent got all my papers back, I’ve only got paper 2 and i got 27 marks which is literally horrible (grade 5)
Ive got 1 offer for six form but it requires me to get a 7 in maths so idk what to do
okay, first off, don't accept that you can't get a 7, just accept that it's going to be a lot of work
secondly, find a website that has your gcse spec, and cross off the topics that you know. then you know the ones that you need to learn. i'm really sorry that your teachers aren't that good, but feel free to reply to this at any point and i can explain things!
past papers only work when you know the content, but need to apply it to exam situations. by the sounds of it, you just need to learn the content. also, a five isn't rubbish! a 4/low 5 is average for the whole country!
we can work together to get you closer to that 7. as a grade 8 maths student, i'm happy to help whenever, and i'm fairly confident that i can explain things fairly well
i hope the rest of your results go well!
Reply 2
A grade 5 is not bad, but don't limit your aspirations. You CAN get a 7 or more, you just need the right approach to maths. I got a grade 9 in maths (it's one of the only subjects im good at), so feel free to ask me anything. Just make sure you do lots of exam questions and past papers (honestly, they rlly help). btw, what exam board are you doing???

Quick Reply

Latest