The Student Room Group

Prom Dress Disaster!!!

There I was in my hotel room looking glam in a beautiful coral-coloured prom dress, ready to enjoy my leavers ball, thinking that nothing could happen to ruin the perfect evening.........how wrong was I?!
I walked into the venue to glance upon a girl, who wasn't even supposed to be there, in exactly the same dress as me. :eek:
She's in the year below and only came as she is friends with one of the teachers daughters. I was absolutely horrified!!!
Just for a bit of reassurance on my part, has anything remotely similar happened to anyone else?!
I was so annoyed that a girl who wasn't even supposed to be there was in my dress.
God Damn that woman!!!!!!
Reply 1
Does it really matter? So long as you think you looked decent in it, what anybody else was wearing is irrelevant.
Reply 2
awww.I can imagine it was annoying
Reply 3
I was so annoyed for the first hour, but I got over it when everyone said it looked better on me. Still, I wish it hadn't of happened!!!
Reply 4
It only matters if she looked better in it!
giftofgab2k
There I was in my hotel room looking glam in a beautiful coral-coloured prom dress, ready to enjoy my leavers ball, thinking that nothing could happen to ruin the perfect evening.........how wrong was I?!
I walked into the venue to glance upon a girl, who wasn't even supposed to be there, in exactly the same dress as me. :eek:
She's in the year below and only came as she is friends with one of the teachers daughters. I was absolutely horrified!!!
Just for a bit of reassurance on my part, has anything remotely similar happened to anyone else?!
I was so annoyed that a girl who wasn't even supposed to be there was in my dress.
God Damn that woman!!!!!!

I best friends mates wife came in the same dress as me then loads of her friends came up to me to tell me how selfish it was of me to come in the same dress as her and how she had had that dress for ages before i had so i shouldn't have worn it. Firstly i got to the venue before her so to be accurate i can't have been said to have come in the same dress as her, she had come in the same dress as me. Secondly how was i supposed to know she was going to wear that dress i didn't even know she owned it. Thirdly how did they know that she had the dress before me. I thought it was incredibly unfair of her friends to treat me this way just over a dress although i wasn't happy she was bloody furious. I felt lucky she didnt take one look and rip the dress off me.
Reply 6
Oh whats the big deal you had the same dress its hardly the end of the world.
viviki
Oh whats the big deal you had the same dress its hardly the end of the world.

i didn't think it was too much of a big deal until her friends started bitching at me.
Reply 8
Imagine the horror at my prom when over 75% of the boys were wearing tuxedos.
As long as you had a good time, that should be all that matters :smile:
hahahaha. sounds funny. and it IS embarassing. hope u had a good time.
Ah it just proves that you had a lovely dress, oh yes :smile:
I usually come in a dress that I'm pretty sure no-one else has, like a tutu or something - that way I'm safe! No proms for ages now though :frown:
Reply 12
My best friend walked over to yesterday and said... such and such is wearing my dress. But you see, many guys had the same colour scheme as me for their tux, as if there was much choice... I just said to her.. make sure you make it look better than she does then:smile:

I think it's more important that you be confident in what you wear, and not worry what other people are doing, personally.
I had the best idea this year and went in a dress that my mum made for me. That is the best way to make sure nobody ever has the same dress.
Reply 14
Ellie4
It only matters if she looked better in it!

I agree, was just about to say! :biggrin:

If she didn't, it's her embarrassment not yours!

Latest