The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
thecdon
what do we have to write about brine shrimp

get on msn matee! and also, stevie mentioned something to do 40 or so brine shrimps.. place in salty water.. NOT tap water because of the chlorine content in it meaning its toxic.. and using a torch of some sort as it is attracted by light.. and yeh. all i could remember. pointless practical.. oh, and also they are invertibrates i think, meaning you have to be careful with them as no nervous system, cannot feel pain etc. Also, something to do with being gentle with them.. ethics.
Reply 81
Yeah i'm thinking defo protein synthesis and then who knows just gonna flick through AS book now
Reply 82
Do we need to know about gram staining?
Reply 83
Haz Shah
get on msn matee! and also, stevie mentioned something to do 40 or so brine shrimps.. place in salty water.. NOT tap water because of the chlorine content in it meaning its toxic.. and using a torch of some sort as it is attracted by light.. and yeh. all i could remember. pointless practical.. oh, and also they are invertibrates i think, meaning you have to be careful with them as no nervous system, cannot feel pain etc. Also, something to do with being gentle with them.. ethics.

i am on now
Reply 84
anyone got the specimen paper unit 4 mark scheme! desparate !!!
Reply 85
thecdon
anyone got the specimen paper unit 4 mark scheme! desparate !!!

I think you're talking about this?
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/sam-gce-biology.pdf
Answers are on page 125
Aw awesome I can feel my nerves kicking in now.
Finally I can start panicing = revising
Reply 87
sadmollz
I think you're talking about this?
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/sam-gce-biology.pdf
Answers are on page 125

AWESOME!

Reply 88
thecdon
AWESOME!

No problem :smile:
Well everyone, I'm going to sleep now.
Good luck to everyone, and remember, if we ALL flop
then they'll lower the UMS for us!!!
Reply 90
hollywoodbudgie
Maybe something about xylem for dendrochronology (uh... did I even spell that righ? :s)
Possibly something about what the sugars can be turned into etc.

Most likely something about transcription and translation for the forensics stuff.

But don't take my word on it, I'm just guessing. ^^

Sorry can you explain that in more detail please:
What has the xylem got to do with dendrochronology (copied your spelling :biggrin: )
In terms of what sugars can be turned into do you mean the end part of the calvin cycle.
How can you relate transcription and translation to the forensics stuff.
Reply 91
oooh 5 hours !!
Reply 92
How much biology can one learn in 5 hours? :P
Reply 93
sadmollz
How much biology can one learn in 5 hours? :P

:smile: just finished my revision. night!
Reply 94
Haz Shah
:smile: just finished my revision. night!

been up all night??? revising??
Thread closed.

Discussion of afternoon Edexcel exams is not permitted until 4.30AM. This thread will be re-opened once this time has passed. Good luck to everyone taking the exams today! :smile:
Reply 96
Very disappointed with the paper ... it was all graph reading and no actual biology (like a 3B paper)
:frown:
Studied the whole book and very little of it got tested....

And in the unit 2 Paper too....studied the the Biodiversity/Classification/Evolution topic in and out but not one question came in that topic ...

They should make the paper less focused on a few topics and more questions overall....
Reply 97
yesterday i was raped.....by this paper. not good at all! other peoples thoughts?
Reply 98
I thought the paper was quite good, although the plant mineral question completely threw me.. Ended up guessing starch and nitrates..
I actually think the graph interpretation stuff was a good way of combining the stuff we'd learnt, rather than just spouting out things we'd memorised.
oh well.. Time to revise chemistry :frown:
Reply 99
sidrah
I thought the paper was quite good, although the plant mineral question completely threw me.. Ended up guessing starch and nitrates..
I actually think the graph interpretation stuff was a good way of combining the stuff we'd learnt, rather than just spouting out things we'd memorised.
oh well.. Time to revise chemistry :frown:

Which question on plant minerals? Cant remember

Latest

Trending

Trending