The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get a B with a C (60% ) AS level in CIE Biology Alevel?

I am aiming for overall 2 A or A* and a B for Physics, Maths and Biology respectively. I don't want to retake Biology but is it possible to get a B overall with a C (60%) in AS level? Or should I just retake all 3 subjects alongside A2? Personally think I'm doing okay in A2 as I got 3A's in the recent mock exams. Note: I got 3C's in my AS and I am aiming to study law
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hualian800
I am aiming for overall 2 A or A* and a B for Physics, Maths and Biology respectively. I don't want to retake Biology but is it possible to get a B overall with a C (60%) in AS level? Or should I just retake all 3 subjects alongside A2? Personally think I'm doing okay in A2 as I got 3A's in the recent mock exams. Note: I got 3C's in my AS

Yes, people tend to do worse in the AS. But they rapidly improve in A2. The experience of doing the exam of AS is valuable, to give the right mindset for your exams - shown by your A’s in your recent mocks. As the A Levels are linear, you will be tested on all your knowledge (both As + A2) in your final exams.
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Yes, people tend to do worse in the AS. But they rapidly improve in A2. The experience of doing the exam of AS is valuable, to give the right mindset for your exams - shown by your A’s in your recent mocks. As the A Levels are linear, you will be tested on all your knowledge (both As + A2) in your final exams.

I just think that it's too daunting to take on 3 AS subjects alongside my A2 exams this Oct/Nov session. So I think I might focus on scoring an A in A2 Biology to get a B overall instead of retaking :frown:

Thanks so much!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hualian800
I just think that it's too daunting to take on 3 AS subjects alongside my A2 exams this Oct/Nov session. So I think I might focus on scoring an A in A2 Biology to get a B overall instead of retaking :frown:

Thanks so much!

I'm also taking CIE this O/N session and I have some friends that will be doing AS and A2 at the same time and they are very stressed so I think you've made a decent choice. Personally I'm doing AS now then I'll write A2 in next years M/J session

Quick Reply

Latest