The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've been trying to do this for years and haven't had much luck haha. Am interested to see if anyone else has managed to do it.
If you're talking about reaching higher notes then you'll need to cut out dairy products, curries and alcohol. Basically anything that saps the moisture from your throat. For singing in general this is the case. I find I have the best range when I'm in the shower so maybe you need to be in an enviroment where there is quite a lot of moisture in the air. Or just be well hydrated.

You won't reach Matt Bellamy proportions unless your larnyx can naturally contract to a really tight diametre but you can get halfway there if you follow diet protocalls and practice
Reply 3
you need to cut out some food and drink and I think add a few more to it, no it obvious but water is the best.

Sometimes maybe you just dont have a range and your style just might be low softer key like toni braxton
Reply 4
There's nothing wrong with being an alto/bass (I don't know whether you're male or female). It's just where your strength is. I'm an annoying mezzo-soprano, which is only fine in a six-part harmony. Otherwise, I'm just stuck either not being able to sing the low notes in alto, or the high notes in soprano.

But just keep practising; try doing the vocal warm-ups and exercises that you do already, and gently try to push yourself. Don't do anything too hard, don't strain your voice - but if you're doing scales, just try to go one note higher than you feel comfortable with - and stay there, until you feel more comfortable with that. But just don't push yourself too much, don't damage your voice.
I can get quite high as long as I have warmed up sufficiently beforehand - I'm in a choir and we always warm up so as not to hurt ourselves just singing really high notes straight away. I also tend to drink water between rehearsals of the songs.
Reply 6
Warm up lots and drink room temperature water when singing that's what people told me when I wanted to sing lower. :rolleyes:

Sadly my old singing teacher told me the only way to extend your range is by practice by learning the right technique to hit the notes you want to but your voice usually only lets you go so far. (I reach a certain low note and just crack. terribly... :yep: )
Reply 7
Practise is the only way to improve your range!

Latest

Trending

Trending