The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Circularmover
it was ok...what did you get for kc?

lol i cant remember..what question was it? what did you get?
frosty25
lol i cant remember..what question was it? what did you get?

i've forgotten now haha
Reply 42
mod 5 on monday urghhh but from what I heard from my friends mod 4 had loads of past paper questions on it.
Junker
mod 5 on monday urghhh but from what I heard from my friends mod 4 had loads of past paper questions on it.

really? i did them all and i didnt notice any repeats. mind you there was one question...but they had inverted the graph...
heeeey im resitting chem 4,5 and 6! need like 32 UMS marks to get an A :/

did anyone struggle on chm4 on that Kp question...it was something like 1.6g O2 and you had to work out eqm moles of NO2 or something but when i worked it out, there was more moles of O2 than NO2 so it was minus...so wasnt sure...

but yeah, chm5 is going be a killer! :frown:
Reply 45
saraisthequeen
heeeey im resitting chem 4,5 and 6! need like 32 UMS marks to get an A :/

did anyone struggle on chm4 on that Kp question...it was something like 1.6g O2 and you had to work out eqm moles of NO2 or something but when i worked it out, there was more moles of O2 than NO2 so it was minus...so wasnt sure...

but yeah, chm5 is going be a killer! :frown:

As far as I was aware it was a Kc question? :confused: in any sense i had been working really hard with the working out moles in equilibrium because it confuses the crap out of me and I did get a positive 0.05 O2 and 0.10 NO or something like that.

Yeah I'm very scared about chem 5 to be honest, will make or break my grade because I'm resigned to doing really badly in the multiple choice- I'm just rubbish at them!
yeah sorry it was Kc, arrggh im so so stupid. i did 1.6/32 and got 0.05 but i must have read it as 0.5 and though 'huh, its bigger, must be 1.6/16' IDIOT. haha!

i just hope they don't put any stupid/awkward questions in unit 5. and yes, i am hopeless at guesswork. i can easily get most of them wrong! :/

and what did you get for that question about a isomer of K which had stereoisomerism?!
Reply 47
hey well the isomer of k that had steroisomerism was optical wasn't it? the only question I couldn't do on the paper was the isomer of k with only one peak in the spectrum i literally spent about 10 minutes trying to work it out :P. Yeah module six is a horror show for me, but i've worked out that if i get an A on module 5 (100 UMS would be preferable) then i can get 50% in module 6 and get away with it cos of a strong mark in coursework- thats what I'm banking on anyway!
silva228
hey well the isomer of k that had steroisomerism was optical wasn't it? the only question I couldn't do on the paper was the isomer of k with only one peak in the spectrum i literally spent about 10 minutes trying to work it out :P. Yeah module six is a horror show for me, but i've worked out that if i get an A on module 5 (100 UMS would be preferable) then i can get 50% in module 6 and get away with it cos of a strong mark in coursework- thats what I'm banking on anyway!

It was cyclopentane as far as i remember
Reply 49
was indeed... damn only one mark though so not that anooyed :biggrin:
silva228
was indeed... damn only one mark though so not that anooyed :biggrin:

yeah I just drew a pentagon took me a while before the lightbulb appeared above my head. I got it was optical isomerism but just couldn't come up with 4 different groups was frustrating. I did a unit 5 paper today, and getting about 90 something but I cheated a bit and I've done them before so basically I'm foooked!

I had to do a practical instead of coursework. And I messed up the last question. So there's my A out the window! Grrr I hate chemistry :frown:
I haven't even done a single chm5 or6 paper paper yet
Reply 52
We'll all be fine!!! Just make sure you know all the observations and colours by cramming them into your brain tonight and 2moro and morning of exam.
Reply 53
Do you think it's worth learning all the reactions with sodium thiosulphate? I haven't seen it come up in a very long time but you never know- I still think because the module 4 was relatively easy (I only say that because they gave us TWO electrophillic substitution mechanisms worth 4 or 5 marks each in one paper) they are going to nab us with two rock solid papers in 5 and 6- thats what I'm rather scared of
Reply 54
silva228
Do you think it's worth learning all the reactions with sodium thiosulphate? I haven't seen it come up in a very long time but you never know- I still think because the module 4 was relatively easy (I only say that because they gave us TWO electrophillic substitution mechanisms worth 4 or 5 marks each in one paper) they are going to nab us with two rock solid papers in 5 and 6- thats what I'm rather scared of

Yes defo! You need to know about silver complexes and the reaction between AgBr and [S2O3]2- and all the uses.
Reply 55
anyone have the june chem 5 paper they can send me?

i'd be greatful =)
Reply 56
fiddizle
anyone have the june chem 5 paper they can send me?

i'd be greatful =)

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/old%20AQA%20A2%20Chemistry/Unit%205%20Past%20Papers%20and%20Revision%20Aids/Unit%205%20summary%20home.htm has all of the past papers from 2002 onwards

If you want the last one June 2009 you can't get it from the internet- I've got a copy that I might be able to scan in and send by email or something at some point tommorow- give me a shout if you want it.
Reply 57
ok if anyone else wants the June 2009 chem 5 paper give me a pm with your email and I'll email it to you as quick as I can
Reply 58
I'm at the point where I can't learn anything more now :frown: good luck, we'll have fun discussing it in this thread tomorrow!
OMG!!!! CHM5, I was so nervous during the exam, how did everyone else find it. By the way, I missed out the 6 mark extraction question!

Didn't remeber anything from it

Latest

Trending

Trending