The Student Room Group

How are people finding revision for Geography Edexcel Unit 4 exam?

I am doing plate tectonics and i just wanted to find out if people think this unit 4 exam will be hard or easy, not just for plate tectonics. Also what do people think about time, i think it is so short for a report style answer.
Good luck everyone
i think the timings gonna be a massive problem for me... i am doing the life on the margins one..
rockingreviser
i think the timings gonna be a massive problem for me...

Well we've had 2 teachers teaching 2 topics at the same time so we can have a choice on the day. Its either plate tectonics or the leisure & tourism topic. I'm edging towards the leisure and tourism. I agree with rockingreviser that its gonna be hard to write a good essay within the time limit.
im doing cold environments, it's on tuesday and i am crapping myself. there is so much to learn, plus so little time to get down and explain everything relevent. plus, im not good at sticking to the question, so me thinks i shall be retaking!
Reply 4
Im doing Cold Environments also does anyone know how to structure the conclusion and what needs to be included? thanks.
Original post by 04mitchellj
Im doing Cold Environments also does anyone know how to structure the conclusion and what needs to be included? thanks.

Go back to all your case studies used in the main bit and go through them, state what what they show (in brief) and what this can tell us. Use what they can tell us to come to a clear and meaningful conclusion which is directly relevant to the question. For instance having observed your case studies (and written down in brief what they say/tell you), you then can conclude from the evidence in your case studies that global warming is causing a significant shrinkage in the extent of cold environments (expand).
Also, perhaps do some evaluation of your data sources - mention how credible they are/are not. E.g. The BBC + school textbooks tend to be much more credible and neutral than research in to global warming funded by the Saudi Arabian government. Perhaps say how your sources limit you in drawing a conclusion?
Another consideration is maybe look towards some evaulative points in the conclusion. Say if you were talking about global warming is causing the shrinkage of GLACIAL environments and how evidence points towards this, perhaps say that infact global warming could cause the advance of glaciers, due to higher snowfall/precipitation levels. Look for a reason or two which could lead to your conclusion which you hadn't put in as part of your main argument, or even argues the opposite of what you're trying to say. Either way, it's more marks in the bag :smile:
Last point. Maybe at the end of each paragraph/case study/subheading put a mini conclusion or a line or two to sum up the paragraph or whatever and tell the examiner how this case study answers the question and contributes to your argument.

Sorry if that's overly wordy, I find this stuff really hard to do and I'm damn worried about Tuesday's exam. I hope what I've said makes sense/helps you with your conclusion/evaluation. :smile: Happy hunting for Tuesday!:redface:
Reply 6
I'm doing tectonics too! Im only just managing to finish in the 90 mins though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending