The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rich B*tch
How about the quote:

"Don't target a random group of innocent civilians who have little say in the acts of their government."
- Ritch B*tch

If only America listened to that my quote wouldnt apply :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:.

Hope they get there houses :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: bombed by drones and then a country turn round and go "woops, wrong place" see how they like it.
Reply 21
bourney
Just out of interest, how could firecrackers blow up a plane?

Well if the blane was highly pressurized, then surely a firework could blow a hole through the fuselage, and as it's pressurized the explosion would be amplified several times? I think.....

There was a thing on the BBC about it not long ago, when there was the thing about drinks bottles being used as bombs on UK flights. Didn't take much to rip the plane to pieces :s-smilie:
Reply 22
what sort of :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: dumbass can't even press a button to blow up a bomb
now i realise why nigeria is still a third world country
Fynch101
what sort of :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: dumbass can't even press a button to blow up a bomb
now i realise why nigeria is still a third world country

sounds more like he had to make it up on the plane - can you read? :rolleyes:
The firecracker was probably modified or not being used as a firecracker in the way you would use one. The materials inside that make it explode could be combined with other materials to give a bigger explosion.
Rich B*tch
'Powder and liquid'

Aye, but it's not exactly an explosive combination in small amounts.
Reply 26
Rich B*tch
'Powder and liquid'

Milk powder + water.

Holy :snow::snow::snow::snow: what a lethal weapon.
Reply 27
Clubber Lang
sounds more like he had to make it up on the plane - can you read? :rolleyes:

sounds more like? not in my opinion...
can you interpret an article and understand what words mean? :rolleyes:
Fynch101
sounds more like? not in my opinion...
can you interpret an article and understand what words mean? :rolleyes:

say what? sounds like you have the impression that he took on board a fully kitted bomb that he could detonate by pressing a single button. I am sure you will agree that is very unlikely and the article suggests otherwise anyway.
Media student
Another propoganda by the CIA to get more support for the Afghan war

Just dont be a fool and believe everything you read

SPOT ON BROTHER!
Article
US and Dutch media report that the suspect is a Nigerian national studying in London.

Probably did it for money. :rolleyes:
Reply 31
The thing is the toilets used in planes have chemicals in them, it is actually possible to set an entire plane on fire by putting a cigerette down the toilet, providing it doesn't extinguish before igniting the chemicals.

I still don't understand why lighters are allowed on planes if bought in duty free. All that pressure in there surely something could blow up? Baking powder is explosive isn't it?
Or possibly a failed collision of two Falcon Punches.
Reply 33
Clubber Lang
say what? sounds like you have the impression that he took on board a fully kitted bomb that he could detonate by pressing a single button. I am sure you will agree that is very unlikely and the article suggests otherwise anyway.

:facepalm:

putting words into someone elses mouth is one of the first signs that you don't know what you're talking about

either way, it wouldn't take much longer than pushing a button
and if it did, then it just makes the guy look like more of a dumbass.
neillya1
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8430612.stm

Attempted terror attack on Christmas day? :s-smilie:
If it is, that's just sick :frown:

First thing first, the Al Qaeda are not real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mztfFdpd1Rk

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197#
Won't be long before all hand luggage is banned, I expect :rolleyes:. Hopefully it'll never get that far but I really wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Reply 36
Not sure how firecrackers would down a plane.
Reply 37

I abhor Islamic terrorist apologists/conspiracy theorists... especially of the Muslim variety.

I see many have descended on this thread, right on queue.
Fynch101
:facepalm:

putting words into someone elses mouth is one of the first signs that you don't know what you're talking about

either way, it wouldn't take much longer than pushing a button
and if it did, then it just makes the guy look like more of a dumbass.

where have i put words into your mouth? why dont you post something that shows it was as simple as pressing a button to detonate?

lets see what the BBC article says

According to a report on the ABC television network, the suspect told authorities he had had explosive powder taped to his leg and used a syringe of chemicals to mix with the powder that was to cause explosion.

Which implies that there was slightly more to it than jsut the pressing of some simple button.
Rich B*tch
I abhor Islamic terrorist apologists/conspiracy theorists... especially of the Muslim variety.

I see many have descended on this thread, right on queue.

Are you well endowed?

Why especially Muslims? Wouldn't they know a little more about possible reasons, than you?

Latest

Trending

Trending