The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS/A2

Just setting up a thread for anyone who wants to discuss this subject, ask questions, get help on certain topics etc. I'm sitting the A2 exam Approaches and Research methods in Psychology in January, and the Options in Applied Psychology paper in June.

My school's chosen to do the Forensic and Health and Clinical options, what about other people?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same :five: Except I'm doing the research methods one in june.

Ooh, have applied to warwick for psychology too :biggrin:
Reply 2
Cool thread :smile:

I'm actually doing some psychology past papers atm lol!
I'm doing As psychological investigations next week tuesday ...

Revision going pretty good so far :biggrin:
Ayostunner
Cool thread :smile:

I'm actually doing some psychology past papers atm lol!
I'm doing As psychological investigations next week tuesday ...

Revision going pretty good so far :biggrin:

I'm doing my Psychological Investigations retake next week, I got a B but I'm trying to get an A :smile:
Reply 4
Hey guys, im doing the research methods this month and the health and crime in june :s-smilie: eeek. im so worried about revision so came looking for some help. anyone having any luck?
tricia x
Triciax1
Hey guys, im doing the research methods this month and the health and crime in june :s-smilie: eeek. im so worried about revision so came looking for some help. anyone having any luck?
tricia x

Snap about the exams :smile: I'm doing quite well with the revision, I've made notes on the entire chapter in the text book and tonight I sat the specimin paper in timed conditions and did quite well.
Im doing options in applied psychology in JANUARY :/
doing healt and forensic aswell.
Another health and clinical/forensics student here!

It's going okay :smile:
Reply 8
Hello all, I am also taking Psychology of Health in Jan.
Here are a list of websites that I have been using to aid my revision:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.sturt/gary.htm
http://www.holah.co.uk/page/home/
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/
They may be of use to someone!
Reply 9
Doing the Forensic and Health exam next week :s-smilie:
...I can't revise any more studies! ...Nothing more will fit into my brain! Re-take me thinks.
I am too positive!
xJordy13x
Doing the Forensic and Health exam next week :s-smilie:
...I can't revise any more studies! ...Nothing more will fit into my brain! Re-take me thinks.
I am too positive!

:ditto:

go Huish too :five: :p:
nuttygirl
:ditto:

go Huish too :five: :p:

Oh my godd I cant get my head around half the studies. Is everyone just attempting to cram as many in as possible like me? :eek: Do you think it would be a risk to just learn 2 out of the 3 studies from each subtopic?
Reply 12
hollypatana
Oh my godd I cant get my head around half the studies. Is everyone just attempting to cram as many in as possible like me? :eek: Do you think it would be a risk to just learn 2 out of the 3 studies from each subtopic?

That's what i'm going to do for health because i'm running out of time now. Hopefully it'll work out! :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Someone help! I'm doing G544! OCR- do you need to know all 15 AS core studies? how many A2 studies do you need to know? QUOTE!
c0nfus3d
Someone help! I'm doing G544! OCR- do you need to know all 15 AS core studies? how many A2 studies do you need to know? QUOTE!

My class has been told that you don't have to know any A2 studies, you just need to use ones in your exam that are pertinent to the questions :smile: I'm planning to just remember maybe 10-15 that cover all the different approaches, with different methods etc, so I'll be able to use them to compare and contrast in the exam.
Reply 15
LostHorizons
My class has been told that you don't have to know any A2 studies, you just need to use ones in your exam that are pertinent to the questions :smile: I'm planning to just remember maybe 10-15 that cover all the different approaches, with different methods etc, so I'll be able to use them to compare and contrast in the exam.

I've heard knowledge of A2 studies is vital, as the paper is synoptic. A2 studies are essential for top grades! :s-smilie:
c0nfus3d
I've heard knowledge of A2 studies is vital, as the paper is synoptic. A2 studies are essential for top grades! :s-smilie:

Ah :s-smilie: we did get told that it doesn't matter as not everyone does the same core studies at AS, so the examiners won't know, but yeah. In that case, just do half AS studies and half A2?
Reply 17
LostHorizons
Ah :s-smilie: we did get told that it doesn't matter as not everyone does the same core studies at AS, so the examiners won't know, but yeah. In that case, just do half AS studies and half A2?

Yeah! I'm thinking, revise 15 AS and around 15 A2
Stressed just from thinking about it! :eek3: :woo: :frown:
c0nfus3d
Yeah! I'm thinking, revise 15 AS and around 15 A2
Stressed just from thinking about it! :eek3: :woo: :frown:

Eek! I don't know if it'd really be necessary to know that many? It isn't based hugely around core studies, you're just going to have to refer to 4 at most in the exam, I think, and if you just make sure you pick ones that can be discussed with reference to lots of different things, you should be able to get away with less than 30 :smile:
Reply 19
LostHorizons
Eek! I don't know if it'd really be necessary to know that many? It isn't based hugely around core studies, you're just going to have to refer to 4 at most in the exam, I think, and if you just make sure you pick ones that can be discussed with reference to lots of different things, you should be able to get away with less than 30 :smile:

I hope so! I'll just be a boffin and revise loads anyway, not in detail though! how far are you with revision? I haven't even started! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending