The Student Room Group

OCR F212- unit 2, Biology thread (Post exam)

Hi!

I want to know what you people got for this exam ? For those who sat the F212 Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health paper in June 2009 (first time it was taken).

I got 103/150 UMS :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
LearningMath

Wow, any tips ? :smile:
Reply 3
144/150
Reply 4
Reply 5
Toneh

lol wtf ? any tips please as I'm going to be retaking this on Tues.
Reply 6
uer23
lol wtf ? any tips please as I'm going to be retaking this on Tues.

Yeah, I hate memorizing things, so i just skimmed the bio book instead of reading it over and over & trying to remember things word for word. You just need to get the gist of how the cells/systems etc. operate

Did past papers, saw what points they look for. Question spotted the exam giving in bullet points what they were looking for.

So my advice: do all the past papers that you can before tuesday. Good luck! :p:
Reply 7
josh_a_y
Yeah, I hate memorizing things, so i just skimmed the bio book instead of reading it over and over & trying to remember things word for word. You just need to get the gist of how the cells/systems etc. operate

Did past papers, saw what points they look for. Question spotted the exam giving in bullet points what they were looking for.

So my advice: do all the past papers that you can before tuesday. Good luck! :p:

Really ? Wow I tried that in June and came up with the ridiculous grade.

I'm going through the whole specification this time trying to cover each and every point in as much detail as I can.

Thanks.
I didnt do any past papers... i dont think they're particularly useful for biology. Just read the textbook :s-smilie:
Reply 9
LearningMath
I didnt do any past papers... i dont think they're particularly useful for biology. Just read the textbook :s-smilie:

A few past papers helps. But the best way is simply to know the information inside out. Something I haven't managed for the A2 module so far...
Reply 10
LearningMath

Really? :confused:

Im just lazy I guess ^_^
Full raw marks.
Reply 12
Reply 13
COMMUNIST
Full raw marks.

how do you know...?
I owned F212: 150/150 :biggrin:
Reply 15
How the **** do you guys do it ? :eek:
Reply 16
im redoing this paper too on tuesday!!

What ive done is go through the whole specification to make sure i dont miss anything out!

my teacher said that cell signalling will be a popular choice for examiners, so re-cap your knowledge to that and apply it to the immune response etc...
Reply 17
SassBass
im redoing this paper too on tuesday!!

What ive done is go through the whole specification to make sure i dont miss anything out!

my teacher said that cell signalling will be a popular choice for examiners, so re-cap your knowledge to that and apply it to the immune response etc...

oh so for e.g. when the T helper cells release cytokines stimulating B cells to divide by mitosis to produce plasma cells and memory cells.

Also when cells under attack release histamine to attack neutrophils for phagocytosis.
Toneh
how do you know...?

Had a copy of my paper returned
135/150

Okay, I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending