The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

cfc1992
No, Dalston > Highbury five minutes. Highbury > Oxford Street 10 minutes.

15 minutes. Easy, as long as you work out your train times.

Working out train times is effort though. Trains are far less frequent on the London Overground and at the moment there are absolutely none on a Sunday. In Kentish Town which is a comparable distance away from town you can hop straight on the tube.

A tube line coming through Hackney has been a bloody long time coming.
Reply 41
rockrunride
Working out train times is effort though. Trains are far less frequent on the London Overground and at the moment there are absolutely none on a Sunday. In Kentish Town which is a comparable distance away from town you can hop straight on the tube.

A tube line coming through Hackney has been a bloody long time coming.

Well, if you do it reguarly it doesn't matter as you'll always remember the times of the trains. They're once every 15 minutes or so, which isn't bad.
cfc1992
Well, if you do it reguarly it doesn't matter as you'll always remember the times of the trains. They're once every 15 minutes or so, which isn't bad.

But I wanna go into town on a Sunday! :rant:
Reply 43
rockrunride
But I wanna go into town on a Sunday! :rant:

Tough luck. You can get on a 30, go to sleep for a few hours, wake up and you're there. :yes:
Reply 44
Islington, Barnsbury is where I live, tis nice
Reply 45
I live in west central London, West Kensington to be precise. But there are other good areas in London, some of my favourities include Canary Wharf, Mayfair and Holland Park.
cfc1992
Tough luck. You can get on a 30, go to sleep for a few hours, wake up and you're there. :yes:

Heh, the 30, my good old Islington shuttle. Where I am I can get on the 29 and not have to sleep :wink:
I live in northwest London, luckily not one of the rougher areas...but these are my favourite parts:

Kensington is really nice - I particularly like Notting Hill up to Westbourne Grove. Some parts of Hampstead and Highgate are lovely too, especially those near the Heath..<3
Reply 48
Anywhere but Finchley, I could do without noisy student-types keeping me awake on their way back from the pub on a thursday night...
Muswell Hill :biggrin:
Reply 50
I've got family who live in Tufnell Park, and it's always struck me as quite a nice area. Noel Fielding lives around the corner from them. :cute:
I like Docklands, kinda bleak but up andd coming and interesting.
Bloomsbury is bloody nice but pricey.
Reply 53
Rotherhithe, near Bermondsey though. Bloody pikeys.
Anywhere in zone 1!
Reply 55
Dulwich is beautiful and quiet

Shoreditch is great for students and young people
Buckingham Palace
Reply 57
chingford is nice
gooner1991
Muswell Hill :biggrin:

YES. I live here :biggrin: But tbh I prefer Crouch End, or Finchley because of all its tube stations. I would personally hate to live somewhere like South Kensington, I want to be able to walk down the road to a shop, pay normal prices and not be pestered by tourists all the time. Not Mayfair, not Ponders End but some place in the middle and I'm happy.
Reply 59
Avoid: Brixton, Elephant and Castle, Hackney, Bethnal Green, Acton, Northolt, Wembley, Cricklewood... I'm not going to name them all.

Good: Richmond, Ham, Kingston, Camdem, Hampstead, South Ealing off the top of my head.

Places like Kensington etc are ok, but expensive.

Latest

Trending

Trending