The Student Room Group

Pretty Little Thing job interview in Manchester

Hi, was just figuring out if I should take the interview offer, slightly confused. So I have been looking for a jobs since I graduated from my degree this year. I was looking for jobs ideally in or around London, as I'm in the fashion industry. And I really liked the idea of London as I studied near there, and developed strong connections and networks. However, I was also considering Manchester as a second choice, as its similar.
I've got an interview offer for Pretty Little thing in Manchester, they know I would be relocating. But they need me to travel to Manchester as there is a practical test. I usually request virtual interviews if its this far. Its one stage interview. My hometown is 4 hours away. So it would be costly and timely, especially if I don't get it. One time I travelled to London only for them to end it in 10 minutes and reject me after. I'm not sure if I should go, as I was wondering if its worth it and if I really want to live in Manchester.
Original post by vanilla360
Hi, was just figuring out if I should take the interview offer, slightly confused. So I have been looking for a jobs since I graduated from my degree this year. I was looking for jobs ideally in or around London, as I'm in the fashion industry. And I really liked the idea of London as I studied near there, and developed strong connections and networks. However, I was also considering Manchester as a second choice, as its similar.
I've got an interview offer for Pretty Little thing in Manchester, they know I would be relocating. But they need me to travel to Manchester as there is a practical test. I usually request virtual interviews if its this far. Its one stage interview. My hometown is 4 hours away. So it would be costly and timely, especially if I don't get it. One time I travelled to London only for them to end it in 10 minutes and reject me after. I'm not sure if I should go, as I was wondering if its worth it and if I really want to live in Manchester.

Hi! Awesome to hear that you have an interview for a role first of all :smile:
Personally what I would say is to ask them if there is a way that they could help you with funding for the travel to the interview and can mention that if successful you plan to relocate to Manchester. I will say if you get the right area of Manchester it is a very nice place to live and everyone is quite friendly. Manchester also has a good transport service which would help you to get around the area.

Only other thing would be to make sure you know and are prepared before you go for the test. Would recommend that you can find good online practice test sites that can help with test prep and interviews too.

Hope all goes well and you are able to find a job that you want!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending