The Student Room Group

Unit 2 PSYA2- AQA 2010 21/01/10...How did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Meh.
I thought it went okay actually. TOTALLY blanked on one question though, 6 marks. I tried and tried to remember but couldn't so I just left it. Hope I didn't fail though - that would suck!
Reply 3
I didn't take it personally but my friend did it as a resit and said that it was ok... But there was one 6 mark question on the implications for social change of research into social influence or something which I think she said didn't go particularly well.
Reply 4
HighSkies
I didn't take it personally but my friend did it as a resit and said that it was ok... But there was one 6 mark question on the implications for social change of research into social influence or something which I think she said didn't go particularly well.

ohh yeahh that one didnt go well for me too.
Reply 5
I thought the work environment question was quite tricky to be honest.. thought they were a bit cheeky there. Also as said above, the social influence.. perhaps a little abimiguous.

There wasn't anything I didn't know as such, I just found that some questions were a bit too vague and difficult to apply things to, like the ones I've mentioned above.

Also the psychopathology question near the end, I think I got wrong :frown: not because I didn't know the answer but because I mistook the meaning of it in general.

Apart from what I've mentioned above, I'm pleased.
Reply 6
Sat it as a resit... was a bit iffy in places but OK overall. Except that social change question... caught me out a bit:s-smilie:
Reply 7
sarah430
Sat it as a resit... was a bit iffy in places but OK overall. Except that social change question... caught me out a bit:s-smilie:

It seems that everyone had issues with that question :s-smilie:
Reply 8
haithere
It seems that everyone had issues with that question :s-smilie:

Me too!

can anyone remember the exact question if you can remember. Cause i think i answered it wrong :/
Reply 9
The question on psychopathology what was the two psychologyical methods? cant exactly remember the question but it was near the end...Anyone remember?...
Reply 10
hupper12345
Me too!

can anyone remember the exact question if you can remember. Cause i think i answered it wrong :/

I can't remember 100% but something like 'How does research in to social influence help us to explain social change?' I think :confused:
Reply 11
hupper12345
The question on psychopathology what was the two psychologyical methods? cant exactly remember the question but it was near the end...Anyone remember?...

Oh that one.. it was asking for 2 of the psychological approaches in psychopathology.

I answered it wrong :frown:
Reply 12
I found the one about 'georges dad' difficult as well as the cut healing slower on the girls arm, what did you think?
for the wound one i wrote about lower immune system and kiecolt-glasier, and for the social change one we were taught about milgram and relating him to nazis ands rosa parks.

our year agreed from what i heard that the 12 mark was the best we could have asked for
Reply 14
pumpkinpiex
for the wound one i wrote about lower immune system and kiecolt-glasier, and for the social change one we were taught about milgram and relating him to nazis ands rosa parks.

our year agreed from what i heard that the 12 mark was the best we could have asked for

Nice, I did pretty much the same. Did you have to refer to research?
Sign In
Nice, I did pretty much the same. Did you have to refer to research?

I was unsure whether to refer to the studies or not but everything we learnt for stress had one, so I thought it would be better safe than sorry
Reply 16
Sign In
I found the one about 'georges dad' difficult as well as the cut healing slower on the girls arm, what did you think?

I was very happy with the cut one, and the 'George's dad' one I wasn't that satisfied with but didn't really have a problem with it.
Reply 17
haithere
I was very happy with the cut one, and the 'George's dad' one I wasn't that satisfied with but didn't really have a problem with it.

So what did you write about the cut one?
i really do not know why i did it, but i stupidly forgot to turn over the page after the abnormality 12 marker. so what ever questions were after the 12 marker i didnt even read them means oviously did not write anything for those questions. but before i found out that i made that mistake i fought the rest of the exam went reeli well compared to may 09.

can someone tell me how many marks were after the 12 marker so i know how many ive lost already.
also how many marks out of 72 are most likely going to be the grade boundary for an A or a B
Reply 19
Sign In
So what did you write about the cut one?

Stress has been found to weaken the immune system, the woman in question was likely to be experiencing stress due to her life worries.. wrote about the cilla/mary wound healing case study, as well as Kiecolt-Glaser's research.

Was that question 4 marks? I can't remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending