The Student Room Group
Is that half a month or between 1 and 2 months? Universities need time to read through all the applications and you're applying to a course and to universities that will have hundreds, if not thousands of applicants.

Patience in a virtue. They'll get back to you eventually.
Reply 2
Kittykatkat
Is that half a month or between 1 and 2 months? Universities need time to read through all the applications and you're applying to a course and to universities that will have hundreds, if not thousands of applicants.

Patience in a virtue. They'll get back to you eventually.

It's quite obviously one or two months....
I am patient, and I am quite aware of the competition and the numerous applications universities have to consider.
I just can't understand why universities have been rejecting people for months and retaining some applications, are these retained applications simply not looked at and are awaiting consideration, or are they applications which have been reviewed and shown the bare minimum requirements/potential and so are put to one side for further consideration?
We also have to consider that applications closed just under a week ago.

if you were dreadful I think you would have heard back by now. Sometimes Unis like to leave it till they get ALL of the applicants before they sift through the maybes.
Reply 4
FallenPetal
We also have to consider that applications closed just under a week ago.

if you were dreadful I think you would have heard back by now. Sometimes Unis like to leave it till they get ALL of the applicants before they sift through the maybes.

That's my issue, I do think my application was dreadful haha!
i think they look at the grades first...if u don't have them you are rejected outright...and then they examine you further whnen you have most of the applicants in. they're probs going through them all now the deadline is closed.
Jakko247
That's my issue, I do think my application was dreadful haha!

Well, Northumbria don't seem to think so :smile:
Reply 7
Some courses receive literally two or three thousand applications for a single course. Takes a while to read and absorb that lot!

I would try not to read anything into silence. If you try to second-guess what your unis are doing you'll just make yourself miserable. They all work slightly differently anyway so it's pointless.

Just have patience; as the Buddhist wisdom has it, this too will pass :smile:
Reply 8
FallenPetal
Well, Northumbria don't seem to think so :smile:

:smile:
I applied to Warwick: law with CCCCCCCBBB for GCSE's and their typical offer is AAA+c and that AS I don't have but I do have A2 general studies in its place, so really, if we're being pedantic, I don't satisfy the entrance criteria (but they said sometimes general studies is accepted in place of a fourth AS but sometimes not too)

:yep:
I've convinced myself I'm expecting a rejection.
I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst :rolleyes:
I haven't heard from any of my choices yet and I sent off my application almost 2 months ago. I hope I'm not waiting for nothing... (or rather for 5 rejections :mmm:)
Jakko247
:smile:
I applied to Warwick: law with CCCCCCCBBB for GCSE's and their typical offer is AAA+c and that AS I don't have but I do have A2 general studies in its place, so really, if we're being pedantic, I don't satisfy the entrance criteria (but they said sometimes general studies is accepted in place of a fourth AS but sometimes not too)

:yep:
I've convinced myself I'm expecting a rejection.
I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst :rolleyes:

I'm not quite up to par for pharmacy (ho-hum) and I got a place pretty quickly. You never know.

It's not all grades anyway, I'm guessing you aren't being interviewed or anything either. If you're below the required grades and don't have anything else to back it up... yes. You will get rejected pretty quickly. I think given your non-perfect background you are doing pretty good.

Besides, Warwick is second/third/nth choice for many Oxbridge candidates. People with A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A* AAAA do scream I'VE APPLIED TO A BETTER PLACE.
Reply 11
Noit everyone who waits long, gets an offer otherwise the unis would just give them already.

All you can say is that either the course is very competitive or you are good enough to still have a chance...
Reply 12
ferdi.g

All you can say is that either the course is very competitive or you are good enough to still have a chance...

This is what I want to find out :frown:
My personal statement was very 'warwick-orientated' but if they were basing it entirely on grades, I'd no doubt be unsuccessful.
I e-mailed them to ask what GCSEs they were looking for before I applied and they told me mostly A's and B's but they would take into consideration that I had left education and returned 2 years later.
& going from CCCCCCCBBB to predicted AAAA might have an impact on what they think of my progress.
I'm so confused, I guess if no-one knows anything about the application process then all I can do is wait! :smile:
Reply 13
Jakko, I think we should delude ourselves into thinking that no news is good news... then cry when we get rejections and go to Northumbria. :yep:
Reply 14
I think we should expect the worst and hope for the best! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending