The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Looking to meet new people/make new friends

Hey, I'm 22 and currently a Post-grad student at Plymouth and just looking to meet new people/make some more friends due to all of the people I previously knew graduating. I live in a studio flat so can get a bit boring just being on my own. Other than the people in my course how does a post-grad student go about meeting new people/making new friends?
Also Pm me if you want to be friends :smile:
Hi there,

Have you thought about joining any societies? I've always found the societies to be a really good way of meeting new people and the university has so many you're bound to find something you're interested in. You could also look at what's going on in the Student Union as well as they always have something going on like quizzes, karaoke, etc.
Hope that helps!

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hello
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I'm 22 and currently a Post-grad student at Plymouth and just looking to meet new people/make some more friends due to all of the people I previously knew graduating. I live in a studio flat so can get a bit boring just being on my own. Other than the people in my course how does a post-grad student go about meeting new people/making new friends?

Hi there.

Perhaps look for local volunteering opportunities as this is a great thing to add to your CV as well as meeting new people and gaining new skills at the same time.

Anonymous accounts can't be PMed I'm afraid.

Good luck though.
Some good advice from Sophie and TriplexA there :smile: sports clubs and societies can be a great way to make new friends. Volunteering in the wider community is great too - there are some groups like Plymouth Environmental Action where you can sign up to help out, make friends and build new skills - give them a search on FB. You could also join local sports clubs if you have any interests? I've found everyone at The Climbing Hangar to be really friendly, and getting some exercise to boot is always a bonus!

All the best,
Luke - University of Plymouth

i'll be ur friend :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending