The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PGtips92
Secondly, have you got any unbiased figures which suggest that more people than before are converting to Islam?

In Switzerland, there have been 6000 conversions to Islam post 9/11.

In Germany, 4,000 people converted to Islam in 2006, compared with an annual average of 300 in the late 1990s.

According to the convert study from 2007, about 2100-2800 people converted to Islam since the mid 1970s and until 2005 in Denmark.

A report by France’s domestic intelligence agency, published by Le Figaro, estimated in 2003 that there were 30,000 to 50,000 converts in France.

Conversions among Europeans to Islam is at an all-time high post 9/11.
Reply 41
Casse
In Switzerland, there have been 6000 conversions to Islam post 9/11.

In Germany, 4,000 people converted to Islam in 2006, compared with an annual average of 300 in the late 1990s.

According to the convert study from 2007, about 2100-2800 people converted to Islam since the mid 1970s and until 2005 in Denmark.

A report by France’s domestic intelligence agency, published by Le Figaro, estimated in 2003 that there were 30,000 to 50,000 converts in France.

Conversions among Europeans to Islam is at an all-time high post 9/11.

I presume you've got an unbiased source for all those figures..?

Oh, and even if the figures are true, that's hardly any. In Germany, that means 0.004 % of the population converted to Islam. By way of comparison, every hour, 667 muslims in Africa convert to Christianity... not that this means anything whatsoever but, you know, touché. Oh btw I'm not a Christian. In fact, Atheism is probably growing in numbers faster than Islam or Christianity or any other religion. Or maybe I'm just talking out my arse with no sources to back up it up.....?

Oh btw, according to this, Islam isn't even the fastest growing religion by converts...
PGtips92
every hour, 667 muslims in Africa convert to Christianity

edit: you serious? wikipedia, thats your source?
Reply 43
Prokaryotic_crap
edit: you serious? wikipedia, thats your source?

Wikipedia's reference is sourced from al jazeera....
Reply 44
Too many people saying mashallah or something.
Reply 45
1 man converted to Islam, now it shall conquer the world! Allahjallahmashamoo!!!
This is so pathetic, sums organised religon up frankly. It's like some tribalistic little club with greetings and so on. Surely if Allah is real you shouldn't care about converts, why does anyone even care about converts?
Reply 47
Moe Lester
This is so pathetic, sums organised religon up frankly. It's like some tribalistic little club with greetings and so on. Surely if Allah is real you shouldn't care about converts, why does anyone even care about converts?

Your point? So are countries.
It is a very big thing, because the convert has just gone from believing something false so to speak to something muslims see as the truth.
Reply 48
PGtips92
Wikipedia's reference is sourced from al jazeera....

Al-Jazera reference their source from where? Becuase everyone seems to be linking to the same video:iiam:
Reply 49
Moe Lester

Becuase the more convert, the less people that have to die in the future. Whoops said to much, :wink: Let me just say ahmadinejad didn't put animals in the rocket he fired yesterday, if you know what I mean.
Reply 50
ForeverIsMyName
The guy converted years ago to Islam, he just kept it hidden until very recently.

Source? Reputable one please.
Reply 51
Moe Lester

We care about converts because it means that person has been saved from hellfire. He has left falsehood for the truth and he has left the darkness for the light of Islam.

If Muslims weren't bothered about converting others then the original Muslims would have just sat in the Arabian peninsula and not travelled all over the world spreading the message of Islam.
Reply 52
Casse
We care about converts because it means that person has been saved from hellfire.

I can't believe, that in 2010, people still believe this stuff.
Tsk, Swiss humour isn't as good as the British stuff..
Reply 55
Sabertooth
Other religions' people are called followers. Islam's are called soldiers. I think that tells everyone all they need to know.

How about no :confused: Just no
Reply 56
Prokaryotic_crap
he is a swizz politician that was anti-islam, now he is pro-Islam, so it is worthy to be on the news, if you are not interested then bugger off

this thread is just a message to all those who hate Islam and want to attack it

Is it? What message is the thread supposed to be sending? Not a very interesting, novel or worthwhile message, I'd wager. Come now, P_C; you seem like an intelligent person. Why not be sensible and measured rather than engaging in silly and petty one-upmanship?
+ polarity -
inb4 mathperson?

oh hi, sorry am I missing something?
Okay, so the point of this thread is beware- attack and you'll become one of us? o.O

Yes, he stringently opposed it and now supports those beliefs he fought so hard against. But that's his own struggle. What was the point you were trying to make? That this is meant to be some sort of victory in the 'struggle for truth'?

Bit juvenile.
Reply 59
It always surprises me how people are still converting to religions even in the modern day when almost everything of import has been explained by science. Yeah it's fine believing in mumbo-jumbo in the Middle Ages when no one knew better but now?...

Latest

Trending

Trending