The Student Room Group

International Relations - competetive

I'm looking to apply for International Relations next year.
I'm currently looking at Durham, LSE, Leeds and Nottingham for it.

Now,
How competetive is it, does anyone know?

Also

I'm hoping to get AAB at least
Doing D of E Gold
Doing EPQ on an IR-related subject
ASDAN Certificate of Personal Effectiveness level 3
Universities award
And do sports and volunteering at school

How do I look, in terms of getting a place?

Millie
LSE, Durham and Notts are all very very competitive for IR- Im pretty sure both Notts and Durham ask for AAA in their IR courses and have a lot of applicants per place. LSE is, well, LSE, so getting a place there is like winning the lottery

Leeds would be easier though and you would probably get a place with AAB. For the others make sure you are predicted straight A's and have a very relevant PS
LSE is grossly competitive, while Nottingham and Durham are still very competitive, Leeds less so i imagine.
Reply 3
blackmillie
I'm looking to apply for International Relations next year.
I'm currently looking at Durham, LSE, Leeds and Nottingham for it.

Now,
How competetive is it, does anyone know?

Also

I'm hoping to get AAB at least
Doing D of E Gold
Doing EPQ on an IR-related subject
ASDAN Certificate of Personal Effectiveness level 3
Universities award
And do sports and volunteering at school

How do I look, in terms of getting a place?

Millie

ASDAN CoPe, DofE & the sport will ultimatley not mean much to the unis your looking at.
Secondly from what I've heard, LSE is v competitive, and although they "only" ask for AAB to have a realistic chance of getting a place you'd need AAA predictions, and good AS results first time round. (i.e without Jan retakes).
Leeds is definitley less competitive to get a place than your other choices, someone on here was predicted ABB and still got an offer, although they have raised the requirements to AAB, and it looks as though they arent lenient at all with those who miss their offers.
Reply 4
Thanks very much :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending