The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AdamWalsh
Anyone else find it outrageous and border line immoral?

Some of the boys can hardly string a sentence together?

Tummi can hardly speak!

That's because they are all immigrants.
Reply 2
robbo3045
That's because they are all immigrants.

Thats nothing to do with it? They are speak perfect english - but can't get it out!

Are you a BNP supporter?
Reply 3
is it worth finishing watching this? I watched the start and then turned off when they started listing the first boy's acheivements at "reading books at 2 years" and so how he was obviously so intelligent.
Reply 4
i think they're just really nervous and I swear they're only 10/11...
Reply 5
The guy who is paying for them is sickeningly patronising.
Reply 6
JacobM
is it worth finishing watching this? I watched the start and then turned off when they started listing the first boy's acheivements at "reading books at 2 years" and so how he was obviously so intelligent.

Its gotten a lot worse than that!

"What constitutes beauty?"

Boy - "Water is beauty to a swimmer"

This is not intelligence.
Reply 7
That kid at the beginning was annoying. Was that posh accent put on?
Reply 8
JW92
The guy who is paying for them is sickeningly patronising.

Rough diamond!!!

I was like - What???
AdamWalsh
Thats nothing to do with it? They are speak perfect english - but can't get it out!

Are you a BNP supporter?

Why is someone instantly labelled a BNP supporter when they use the word immigrant?
Reply 10
MancBoy
That kid at the beginning was annoying. Was that posh accent put on?

Indeed it was - it was so horribly pretentious!
Reply 11
Stalin
Why is someone instantly labelled a BNP supporter when they use the word immigrant?

Shhhh
AdamWalsh

Are you a BNP supporter?

Just because I have an issue with this countries mass immigration policies, does not make me a BNP supporter. Get a grip.
Reply 13
robbo3045
Just because I have an issue with this countries mass immigration policies, does not make me a BNP supporter. Get a grip.

Hmmmmm
AdamWalsh
Anyone else find it outrageous and border line immoral?

Some of the boys can hardly string a sentence together?

Tummi can hardly speak!

My mum's watching it.
And it is just horrible. It's throwing a bone to the poor kids and watching them scrap for it, just to ease their consciences that they're not elitest.
AdamWalsh
Shhhh

Quite.
Reply 16
GingerGoat
My mum's watching it.
And it is just horrible. It's throwing a bone to the poor kids and watching them scrap for it, just to ease their consciences that they're not elitest.

The man providing the sponsorships called them "rough diamonds." - One of the most bourgeoisie quotes I've heard in a long time!
I just went through exactly what they did...So I don't exactly want to watch it.
A whole load of us went for a scholarship (to sixth form though) for the boarding school in my area. Only 1 place (well full scholarship) and I got it.
I know people were really upset that they didn't though.
I'm sure they'll all do well regardless.
Reply 18
AdamWalsh
Rough diamond!!!

I was like - What???

It was worse when he claimed he was "playing god". These are the kind of boys who are so motivated and pushed so hard by their parents, that they'd go far whether they go to a state comp or Harrow (Harrow will just make it a bit easier). It was as if he was saying Harrow was the path to Oxbridge and success in life whilst the state system was the path to working at McDonalds. Ergh, it's just so self-indulgent and holier-than-thou.
Reply 19
Oh my Goodness - "Your future is sorted" - What?

Latest

Trending

Trending