The Student Room Group

Which is the 'poshest' supermarket chain?

Me and my mates got into a debate (lol, I call it that for lack of a better word) about which supermarket was the 'poshest', and then also proceeded to rank them in order of 'poshness', lol.

Some of them thought Waitrose was the poshest, but I thought surely it should be good ol' Marks & Sparks... no? :confused:

Maybe you can rank them too, depending on how sad (not the :frown: kinda sad) you're feeling... :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Waitrose.
Waitrose >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M&S

:wink:
Reply 3
I'd say Waitrose too :smile: M&S comes no where near.
Marks and Spencer.... no one else has adverts where the woman is fantasising so much about the food.... i mean i never knew you could make egg and chips sound sexy...

this isnt just food; this is M & S food :hubba:
Reply 5
I used to think Waitrose was, until one got built in my parent's town, and I went in expecting it to be snobby, but found it to be a lot more relaxed than the Co-Op I'd been using before...
Reply 6
Waitrose?
but Waitrose is part of the John Lewis Partnership.. which is far superior to M&S in every way!

Theyre also the most ethical, and buy in the most local and organic produce. I know alot of crap about Waitrose.. luch at work gets boring.

EDIT: and there are more Waitrose's down south.. got to mean its a little posh :tongue:
Well, I think the majority agree that M&S win... ;yes;
Reply 9
TML
Well, I think the majority agree that M&S win... ;yes;

No chance. I used to work for one of their suppliers, and there is nothing posh about their nosh (lol, sorry, that was cheesy but I felt I had to throw it in there).
Reply 10
Lol, well there isn't a Waitrose in our town so I've never even been in one, so I suppose I'll have to reserve my judgement until I go to one. M&S is definitely the poshest in our town though. :smile:

So does everyone agree Lidl is the least posh? Some people said Aldi was worse, although I think Lidl is that little bit worse... lol.
Reply 11
I'd say Lidl is worse than Aldi.
Waitrose. M&S isn't a supermarket, it's where you go for overpriced party food.

Waitrose is a quality supermarket.
Reply 13
Waitrose
M&S Simply Food
Sainsbury's
Tesco (merely based on the uniform being smarter than Asda's)
Asda
Lidl (they're attempting to appeal to a more up-market pallette, or so their adverts suggest)
Aldi, Netto, Iceland
Reply 14
Most: Waitrose
Least: Netto
Reply 15
deej
Waitrose
M&S Simply Food
Sainsbury's
Tesco (merely based on the uniform being smarter than Asda's)
Asda
Lidl (they're attempting to appeal to a more up-market pallette, or so their adverts suggest)
Aldi, Netto, Iceland

is morrissons on some sort of sub-list? it's not that bad :biggrin:
Reply 16
o-e-s-j
is morrissons on some sort of sub-list? it's not that bad :biggrin:

Sorry, I'd totally forgotten about them :redface:

I'd say they're probably on line somwhere with Tesco/Asda ish to be fair.
Reply 17
Waitrose. No question.
waitrose

Quick Reply

Latest