The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Pollock Halls

Hello, So basically I got an accommodation offer to live in the chancellor's court in pollock halls. I just wanted to know if the stereotypes are true-if a vast amount of people know each other already from going to the same boarding school and most people there are posh.

I Started to worry a little bit and I did email them to try to get Brae house instead but is it as bad as it seems?.
Original post by Stuart D
Hello, So basically I got an accommodation offer to live in the chancellor's court in pollock halls. I just wanted to know if the stereotypes are true-if a vast amount of people know each other already from going to the same boarding school and most people there are posh.

I Started to worry a little bit and I did email them to try to get Brae house instead but is it as bad as it seems?.

Hey it seems kind of like that but at the same time I think everywhere you go there will be people like that and youll make friends with the people you fit in with. I got an offer to Chancellors and I am a bit stressed about it cause I was worrying the same thing but I'm sure that we'll both meet people that aren't super posh. If you want to add my insta and we can talk its: tommywest__
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Cc TV h it CV vh
Hey it seems kind of like that but at the same time I think everywhere you go there will be people like that and youll make friends with the people you fit in with. I got an offer to Chancellors and I am a bit stressed about it cause I was worrying the same thing but I'm sure that we'll both meet people that aren't super posh. If you want to add my insta and we can talk its: tommywest__

Hey, I don't use Instagram anymore so is it okay to add my snapchat instead?. It is yipzer. I spoke to a friend like a few weeks ago and when she knew that I applied to Pollock halls she was actually kind of disgusted. I think we will probably definitely find people but I just hope the environment isn't too demeaning or something.
Original post by Stuart D

I got an offer for chancellors and am American. I know some people who were in Chancellors last year, and while the stereotype can be somewhat true, not everyone falls into it.
Reply 4
Hello! I’m an international student and also got an accommodation offer to live in t Chancellor's court in Pollock Halls. What does “catered” mean? Are meals included in the accommodation fee? Or have I misunderstood smth? Thank you!!!
I mean yea it kind of is id say most people in pollock in general went to a private school but that being said I think most people are really decent and I personally loved chancellors, just because someone is posh doesn’t necessarily make them a bad person and I think there’s such a mix of people that you’ll definitely find friends
meals are included yes ( breakfast and dinner that is )
I was in chancellors last year and I’m going back this year, i lowkey wouldn’t stress, I really enjoyed it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending