The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've got a 250L with a Siamese Fighter, 4 Boesemani Rainbowfish, 40 Neon Tetra, 3 Bristlenose Catfish, 4 Otocinclus Catfish and about a billion red cherry shrimp.
Schleigg
I've got a 250L with a Siamese Fighter, 4 Boesemani Rainbowfish, 40 Neon Tetra, 3 Bristlenose Catfish, 4 Otocinclus Catfish and about a billion red cherry shrimp.

250L! That must be a humongous tank. I envy your fish. :smile:
I used to have tropical fish :h:

I had guppies, mollies, sword tails, wag tail platties and 3 catfish.

I had a few more random little things, the local aquatic centre used to fish out any baby fish and put them in a separate tank so they wouldn't get eaten, and I used to buy them for 10p each and put them in mine.

I don't have them any more, they're all in my brother's tank instead. Mine's been empty for about a year and it's really gross because I haven't emptied it/I didn't know what to do with it. If it's still alright, I want to set it up again from scratch and get some goldfish instead :yep:
Reply 23
Sempiternitas
250L! That must be a humongous tank. I envy your fish. :smile:

Surely you wound't want to live in a fish tank? :mmm:

Schleigg
Surely you wound't want to live in a fish tank? :mmm:

oh thats so nice!:yep:
i need to show some of my pics as well. i have a 200litre community tank. and when i say community i mean community.:p:
fishkeeper
Hi

I was just wondering whether there were a few like minded fish-keepers here, who enjoy the hobby of keeping fish

If yes, then maybe we should have a society, and maybe post pics etc of tanks

regards

Yep, there are a few of us dotted around =)

I currently have 6 tropical tanks and 1 newt tank:

65 litre planted community - 4 neon tetras, 3 corys (bronze, sterbai, albino), 3 kribensis (albino male and two standard females), ghost shrimp and 5 female bettas (Aurora, Kiko, Amalthea, Li-Lu and Lilly)

65 litre planted community - yellow panchax, male kribensis, 2 bumblebee catfish, 2 male neon swordtails, blue phantom plec (all going in 3 foot tank in the summer)

60 litre divided betta tank - red/purple PK (Sen) and peach VT (Apollo)

54 litre divided betta tank - steel blue VT (Sirius) and red/green/silver VT (Goliath)

50 litre newt tank - 5 fire bellied newts

30 litre divided betta tank - marble butterfly delta (Loki) and white HMPK (Howl)

28 litre betta tank - peach dalmation VT (Azrael), 2 african dwarf frogs

14 litre QT tank - 4 juvenile neon tetras, 2 corys (need species ID)

When my partner and I are settled down in our own place (living with housemates atm) we'll be getting a 5-6 foot tank. Not decided whether I want a planted community or some larger fish like oscars, snakeheads and bichirs.

Some random photos:

Reply 26
Schmokie Dragon

You've got some beutiful SSF! :smile:...

african dwarf frogs FTWW! :biggrin:
jammy66
You've got some beutiful SSF! :smile:...

african dwarf frogs FTWW! :biggrin:

They're gorgeous :love:

I used to have a stunning halfmoon and crowntail but they both passed away recently.

The frogs are amazing, even if they do nip Azrael's tail when he is asleep, lol!
Schmokie Dragon
They're gorgeous :love:

I used to have a stunning halfmoon and crowntail but they both passed away recently.

The frogs are amazing, even if they do nip Azrael's tail when he is asleep, lol!

ive got a crowntail in my community tank. its been the best siamese ever and they are stunning. its so active and has been living for a while now:smile:
i cant get pics up though :dontknow:
Reply 29
Here's a few photos of Poco Rocco (Betta) showing the Rainbows who's boss with the Neons loitering with intent.

I've got a pair of albino kribs now, wooo! And a cockatoo apisto, although he's not really settling in very well. With two pairs of kribs (seperate tanks) and a "spare" female (not sure what I'll do with her :o: ) I should have babies on the way soon.

Schleigg
Here's a few photos of Poco Rocco (Betta) showing the Rainbows who's boss with the Neons loitering with intent.

He looks like my first betta, Osiris. Poor boy passed away a couple of months ago.

I used to keep him with neons but one day the little gits turned on him and literally shredded his tail! It never really grew back afterwards because he became a tail-biter. I keep all the bettas in their own tanks, except for Azrael who shares with some ADFs and the females who live in one of my community tanks.

PsYCho ThInKeR
ive got a crowntail in my community tank. its been the best siamese ever and they are stunning. its so active and has been living for a while now:smile:
i cant get pics up though :dontknow:

Try Photobucket! I'd love to see him.
Schmokie Dragon

couldnt get the siamese as im at uni and dont have any photos of him on my laptop. got a pic of my blue severum and gold spotted plec though
DSCF0086.JPG
DSCF0087.JPG
Aww, that sev is so little!

Lovely plec. I've got a blue phantom that I need to get some photos of. He's pretty elusive though =P
Reply 33
Lovely tanks people, and its great to see so many people interested in fish :biggrin:

Here is my tank, as OP I think I should post pics:

125l community:

Hope you like it :smile:
Reply 34
I keep black moores :smile: I think they're awesome :smile:
sweet_pea
I keep black moores :smile: I think they're awesome :smile:

Yeah, they're very cool fish! I've always wanted some but don't have a tank big enough for a trio.
Reply 36
seems my image didnt come up!

How do you attach pictures? lol
Reply 37

Remove the asterisks and correct the http part of the URL and that'll work.
jammy66
i am i love them. can watch for hours....

I use to have a 25L tropical set up, i had a male siamese fighter, 3 ottos, 2 female bettas, 1 white cloud ( and completly aquatic frogs. (not clawed frogs!)

Want to keep marine, eventually.

sure was lol, not so much now. Was in practical fish keeping 2007 june issue, im the kid with all the fish tanks in the bedroom. I cut back now because A levels mean a lot to me, but I kept marine and corals, need to know anything just ask.:smile: :smile:
Reply 39
Aquariumnerd
sure was lol, not so much now. Was in practical fish keeping 2007 june issue, im the kid with all the fish tanks in the bedroom. I cut back now because A levels mean a lot to me, but I kept marine and corals, need to know anything just ask.:smile: :smile:

Cool man, will do! :smile: not due to get any , anytime soon... Thats cool, i dont remember that one, tbh i only read a couple of articals in the mag, while im on work exp lol... though, they are some pretty hard work. I do my work exp in a Aquarium which deal with the marines... Thats cool.. ever have a 'Donky Dung' (sea slug).. i think they are pretty awesome. Lion Fish are deffently my favorite.

I'd love a red sea max 250L but they are about £1,500! :eek:

Latest