The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Make your mind up, being the short answer.
Reply 2
well i will have to eventually but do you think i would have any chance with ucl next year? would they consider a re-take applicant?
riks2004
well i will have to eventually but do you think i would have any chance with ucl next year? would they consider a re-take applicant?

i'm having the same thoughts about Edinburgh (i was rejected when i was making my uni choices) which was really gutting. The thing is, that i just can't see myself going anywhere else :frown: All my family live up there and i love the city, it was my first choice above anything else.

maybe i'm just getting cold feet, but i was seriously considering taking a gap year and re-applying.
Reply 4
I imagine they will but they might ask you for higher grades. I know it's hard to decide when you have your heart set on somewhere but Kings is a really great uni as well, you'll still be in London and part of the UoL and all that entails.
Reply 5
Cellardore
i'm having the same thoughts about Edinburgh (i was rejected when i was making my uni choices) which was really gutting. The thing is, that i just can't see myself going anywhere else :frown: All my family live up there and i love the city, it was my first choice above anything else.

maybe i'm just getting cold feet, but i was seriously considering taking a gap year and re-applying.

did you take economics for alevel?
riks2004
did you take economics for alevel?

no, i applied for straight politics at Edinburgh
Reply 7
(I got an uncon for that and turned it down :redface: )

What grades did you get? You could always phone up Edinburgh and ask them how they would view a reapplication
Reply 8
Acaila

What grades did you get? You could always phone up Edinburgh and ask them how they would view a reapplication

Did Durham accept you for your social science course? If not, which university you are hoping to go to?
Reply 9
No, and Queen Margarets if they'll take me.
Congratulations on your acceptance.
Acaila

i would give my right arm to go to Edinburgh!

no i don't think they will. I got BBC. Was predicted ABB :redface: (the A in politics) I was a little disappointed that i got a C in politics, but i'm thinking of re-taking it.

They rejected me a first time round, i sent an email and they re-considered and rejected me again lol. I don't think i'm gonna try a third time.
Reply 11
Acaila
No, and Queen Margarets if they'll take me.
Congratulations on your acceptance.

Thanks. What subject are you going to do at Queen Margarets? Good luck on Queen Margerts accepting you! In my opinion, your grades are good and a strong candidate.
Reply 12
Drama and Theatre Arts. It's not so much a question of my grades, as I could tell from the admissions tutor's interesting reaction to them when she asked. Basically, it's whether they have places or not. I have a funny feeling that they would have called me sooner if they did have some :frown:.

Cellardore
i would give my right arm to go to Edinburgh!

no i don't think they will. I got BBC. Was predicted ABB :redface: (the A in politics) I was a little disappointed that i got a C in politics, but i'm thinking of re-taking it.

They rejected me a first time round, i sent an email and they re-considered and rejected me again lol. I don't think i'm gonna try a third time.

If you have your heart set on the city, then there's Napier, Heriot Watt and Queen Margarets, though certainly the latter two don't offer politics and Napier isn't exactly a fab uni. There's Glasgow and Stirling within 30-60 minutes from Edinburgh, and Stirling has politics in clearing for CCC at A level. And my best mate is going to Stirling and seems to be most smitten with it :biggrin:
IIRC Aberdeen is also in clearing.
Do you currently have a place somewhere btw?
Acaila

If you have your heart set on the city, then there's Napier, Heriot Watt and Queen Margarets, though certainly the latter two don't offer politics and Napier isn't exactly a fab uni. There's Glasgow and Stirling within 30-60 minutes from Edinburgh, and Stirling has politics in clearing for CCC at A level. And my best mate is going to Stirling and seems to be most smitten with it :biggrin:
IIRC Aberdeen is also in clearing.
Do you currently have a place somewhere btw?

yeh i'm going to Southampton. They accepted me, which i am really grateful for! i recogonise that Southampton is a very good univeristy for social sciences and at the same par as Edinburgh in terms of politics. But Edinurgh just screams home to me! Edinurgh is my second home :frown:
Reply 14
Awww {hugs}
I know what you mean {sighs at rejections from first and second choice unis :frown:}
And yes, Southampton seems to be good for that. Musicbloke was trying to persuade me to go there this morning :biggrin: There's always postgrad :smile:
Acaila
Awww {hugs}
I know what you mean {sighs at rejections from first and second choice unis :frown:}
And yes, Southampton seems to be good for that. Musicbloke was trying to persuade me to go there this morning :biggrin: There's always postgrad :smile:

yeh that's what i was thinking :smile: and will definately be considering it. I'll get there some way!
Reply 16
It'll always be nice to visit :biggrin: Besides, Edinburgh is expensive to live in for a poor ickle undergrad!
Acaila
It'll always be nice to visit :biggrin: Besides, Edinburgh is expensive to live in for a poor ickle undergrad!

lol yeh i know! morningside especially, it's so lovely! My hgrandparents live in Oxgangs and others in East Lothian (about half an hour away from the city) aww it would have been ideal!
Reply 18
One thing that put me off applying to Stirling was that all my family come from there. :biggrin: Going to Southampton will encourage you to go meet new people :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending