The Student Room Group

Northeastern University London Essay Competition

What does it mean if i was a finalist?
Original post by Nidalshah10
I am wondering this too, does it mean they have already chosen the winners or are they yet to be selected from the finalists?
Also mine says top 12%, what does everyone else’s say? If they are all the same surely they haven’t decided yet but if some peoples have scored higher they will have
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by elizarose06
I am wondering this too, does it mean they have already chosen the winners or are they yet to be selected from the finalists?
Also mine says top 12%, what does everyone else’s say? If they are all the same surely they haven’t decided yet but if some peoples have scored higher they will have
Yeah that was my exact thought, im also confused what the event in london is etc and if its worth going. Very confusing
Reply 3
Original post by elizarose06
Mine also says 12%, I'm so confused by all of this - there's a thread from last year that everyone is commenting on and it seems everybody got the same message
Original post by mj222
Mine also says 12%, I'm so confused by all of this - there's a thread from last year that everyone is commenting on and it seems everybody got the same message
same its quite vague
Original post by mj222
Apparently the winners haven't been chosen yet and they will tell you if your'e a winner closer to the even date
Hi there! Winners will be chosen very soon, so if you are a finalist be sure to keep an eye on your inbox!! It means that you are one of the final contenders that are to be judged and some of you may win!
Best of luck you guys 🤞

Other information is on the FAQ section of the website. www.nulondon.ac.uk/essay-faq
Original post by NULondon Lana
Hi there! Winners will be chosen very soon, so if you are a finalist be sure to keep an eye on your inbox!! It means that you are one of the final contenders that are to be judged and some of you may win!
Best of luck you guys 🤞

Other information is on the FAQ section of the website. www.nulondon.ac.uk/essay-faq
If we do win, can we expect an email today or within the next few days?
Original post by possible-herb
If we do win, can we expect an email today or within the next few days?

Within the next few days. If you have any questions please do email [email protected]
Also you can always message me!
Within the next few days. If you have any questions please do email [email protected]
Also you can always message me!
Thank you for your reply!
Reply 10
Best of luck you guys 🤞

Hello, I was wondering if we haven't received any emails regarding being a finalist, is there still a chance that we could get special commendation? Or is that title given to those chosen among finalists? And one final question, do all entries receive a reply from NU, even if they haven't been selected for anything? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Original post by Nidalshah10
just wait a bit more to find out all the details
Best of luck you guys 🤞

What does shortlisted mean and what will they recieve? According to FAQ no 21 it say will be attending ceremony and get medal ? Is this true ?
Best of luck you guys 🤞

I have received a notification that I have been shortlisted for the Northeastern University London Essay competition. However, I am confused as to whether I will be attending the award ceremony on May 4th, 2024, and receive a medal and certificate. The confusion arose because the FAQ section no 21 on the website mentioned that shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate through mail and a medal if they attend the ceremony, but the email I received did not include any such information. Can you please clarify whether I will be attending the event and receiving the medal and certificate? If so, what is the next step? How can I register myself for the event?

Thank you very much in advance

Quick Reply

Latest