The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
~euarne~
TheVlad, I am planning on staying in halls for all years (ie 5 whole years).. I cant be bothered with cooking, cleaning and bills and on top of that doing exams. We probably would be returners to HuStu next year and I wouldnt mind running for president although I heard it involves running around the courtyard - naked.

hmm sounds like something I would do anyway..
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
TheVlad
hmm sounds like something I would do anyway..

The running around the courtyard naked? yeah, there was quite a bit of that went on just for the sake of it...
Reply 42
Frances
To be honest, I really wouldn't want to be in halls when you have important exams if you can help it. They're pretty bad environments for work at the best of times, but when you have a 9am exams and there are still people talking outside your window or in the kitchen at 4 in the morning you'll just about be ready to commit murder! :mad:

Plus, they might not let you stay in halls for 5 years!

The president gets a whole flat!!

Yep I guess I wouldnt enjoy that noise thing particularly may be first year and then return as a presi :biggrin: if I dont have to take a sabbatical that is. And I am taking a pair of ear plugs just in case some crazy person decides to play music well into the night; not that I have anything against that but sometimes 2 am is a bit odd (UCL experience!).
Thanks I thought they were but due to the lack of actually saying it on the contract was just double checking they weren't going to turn around and say actually your not catered and have to cook for myself...overcooked beans and moulded toasted bread ...yum :p: lol.
Reply 44
~euarne~
The president gets a whole flat!!

Yep I guess I wouldnt enjoy that noise thing particularly may be first year and then return as a presi :biggrin: if I dont have to take a sabbatical that is. And I am taking a pair of ear plugs just in case some crazy person decides to play music well into the night; not that I have anything against that but sometimes 2 am is a bit odd (UCL experience!).

Yeah the president gets great a flat, best reason for doing it!

Ear plugs are a definite must for those strange beings (i.e. me!) who do occasionly like to get a bit of sleep in halls!
Reply 45
Frances

Ear plugs are a definite must for those strange beings (i.e. me!) who do occasionly like to get a bit of sleep in halls!

I would fall asleep anywhere if I am sleepy irrespective of what is happening around me - worst one was in a bar! But I would be having those ear plugs just in case. :smile:
Reply 46
Frances

Weirdo!

People like you should be burnt at the stake.

:biggrin:
Reply 47
~euarne~
I would fall asleep anywhere if I am sleepy irrespective of what is happening around me - worst one was in a bar! But I would be having those ear plugs just in case. :smile:

I'm a really bad sleeper and a really light sleeper. And the problem with ear plugs is that while they blocked out the noise, they weren't very comfy to sleep in!
Reply 48
why doesn't the wenton website have any information on arrival etc?

all the others do!
Reply 49
Lenton and Wortley Hall - Consists of mixed blocks, leading off from a central courtyard. Recent developments mean there are rooms here equipped for deaf students. Lenton is the most popular hall, and both have an excellent social life.

I found this on the unofficial-guides website! Is reassuring for me!
Reply 50
kate86
Lenton and Wortley Hall - Consists of mixed blocks, leading off from a central courtyard. Recent developments mean there are rooms here equipped for deaf students. Lenton is the most popular hall, and both have an excellent social life.

I found this on the unofficial-guides website! Is reassuring for me!

Excellent! :biggrin: That's what we like to hear!
Reply 51
wohoo im at lenton too, got a private shared bathroom!
whwen did you all find out?????????? Ear plugs!!!!!!!! what have I got myself in for????????
Reply 53
lucy54
wohoo im at lenton too, got a private shared bathroom!

welcome... i've private shared bathroom as well...

wonder who i will get? :smile:
Reply 54
i found out in may because im a gap year student and deferred, whats everyone studying?
Reply 55
Now ive learnt how to post pics (thanks izzy!) for the notts picture thread, i thought id post one i found in here...you mite have seen it already.

This is inside lenton and wortley at a previous do

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12861fn.jpg
I can't seem to get the Lenton and Wortley website to work. Now I can't even remember the address to publish. Does anyone else have asimilar problem?
Reply 57
Is there no appreciation for my lenton pic ladies and gents?! oh well, il find a better one!
*appreciation* :biggrin:
Reply 59
-Sian-
*appreciation* :biggrin:

ah lovely! Me and you will get along just fine!

Latest

Trending

Trending