The Student Room Group

Will I get into uni with 2 A levels??

Hi

I am in my first year of college and have made a mess of my course choices and so will not be dropping 2 of them (one is a single btec and the other an applied A level) and taking 2 subjects to A2 level (English Language and German) and also taking up 2 new AS levels (Italian and Drama & Theatre Studies).

I want to study languages at university and want to know about my chances for uni and what unis with 2 A levels and 3 AS levels?

I'm sure a few places will accept you, if you go by UCAS points offer. Or, Leicester counted two AS levels as one A-level for me, so even though i took 3 A2s, I still had 2 AS levels, so my offer was BB at A-level rather than BBC. My two AS levels were both C so that was the C, if that makes sense. So maybe a few places will do that too. I'm biased by the way, I go to Leicester and do languages... come to us! :p:
Samuelv-37
Hi

I am in my first year of college and have made a mess of my course choices and so will not be dropping 2 of them (one is a single btec and the other an applied A level) and taking 2 subjects to A2 level (English Language and German) and also taking up 2 new AS levels (Italian and Drama & Theatre Studies).

I want to study languages at university and want to know about my chances for uni and what unis with 2 A levels and 3 AS levels?

top unis will need 3 full, a couple of lower ones (eg somewhere like Brunel) will accept 2A2s, 2ASs I think. I'm sure you can check the UCAS site to see.
Reply 3
i think it probably varies uni to uni as to whether it would be ok. I got in on History and English lang/lit A levels and Politics/Media AS levels.

This was two years ago though when funding and places were ample. might not be the same for the next few years.
Reply 4
A friend of mine is doing just that, 2 subjects at A2 (Classics and Geography) and 2 at AS which he started this year (English Lit and History). He has offers from unis, so it definitely is possible! You'll just have to apply to places that ask for UCAS points rather than grades I think, and be sure to call and check your individual situation. Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
Some may give a offer of 3 A levels, some as points.

I'm doing 2 A levels and 1 AS and i got 5 conditional offers (not necessarily brilliant universities but not at the bottom of league tables by any means).

Some universities (like my firm) give offers based on individual circumstances.

The best thing to do would contact potential univerisites you would like to go to and ask them if they would be willing to accept you!
Your choices will be limited. But it is entirely possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending