The Student Room Group

I have a level 2 diploma for IT

I have a level 2 diploma and I was wondering if I can go straight to full time working in cyber security do you think that I can get into cybersecurity?
Original post by Amiigbo19
I have a level 2 diploma and I was wondering if I can go straight to full time working in cyber security do you think that I can get into cybersecurity?

GCSE at grades 1 to 3 are level 1. GCSEs at grades 4 to 9 are level 2. A levels are level 3. Three years of uni are levels 4, 5 and 6. (See here.)

I would be very surprised if you could walk straight into a cybersecurity job based upon a level 2 (i.e. GCSE-equivalent) qualification alone.

Search some on-line job sites for cybersecurity jobs and see what level of qualification they're looking for. My guess is that most will be looking for a degree (or several years of experience).
Reply 2
Original post by Amiigbo19

big man. let me be honest with you, go and do level 3 its better and it will look better on application for uni / apprenticeship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending