The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Parts of Manchester, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Liverpool, *insert other large city here*
Reply 2
Glasgow, or so I've heard.

Guys, what about Nottingham? Is it really dangerous?
Reply 3
East Glasgow is rough, Nottingham is pretty bad, parts of London... everywhere has good and bad.
Glasgow
Most people think Glasgow is horrible but it actually has some really nice areas.

I would have said from my experience that Aberdeen can be pretty bad - it seems whenever I'm on Union Street at night there's always some police breaking up a fight or an ambulance taking away some poor KO'd person.
Reply 6
Granted the east of Glasgow is rough and I personally wouldn't walk there alone at night but Glasgow is not that bad :frown:
Any large city has bad areas. Whether you can objectively measure which one is more dangerous you'd need to look at the no. of crimes committed or something.. my money is on london.
Reply 7
yea you get mugged everyday in london.

i lived there now for 5 years and got mugged once and that could have been avoided. You just need to be careful and dont go to areas that you know are rough. Dont constantly think about omg i live in a dangerous area. Just be aware of your surroundings when you are out and about but dont get paranoid about it.
Bradford. Obviously. :rolleyes:
Reply 9
London, I guess.
Reply 10
Glasgow.
Glasgow.
Reply 12
In my experience: London.
MOST VIOLENT AREAS

1. North Manchester
2. Sheffield (wtf?)
3. Southampton
4. City of Westminster
5. Leicester
6. Middlesbrough
7. Hackney
8. Kingston-upon-Hull
9. Southwark
10. Lewisham

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/23/the-most-dangerous-places-in-england-115875-20708340/
Folkstone is apparently pretty bad. My ex got mugged a handful of times at knife point when he was living there.
Princesschickenbelly
Folkstone is apparently pretty bad. My ex got mugged a handful of times at knife point when he was living there.

What?

Folkestone in Kent?

It's a nice, sleepy little town.

Dover (my birthplace :smile: ) however . . .
Reply 16
concubine
MOST VIOLENT AREAS

1. North Manchester
2. Sheffield (wtf?)
3. Southampton
4. City of Westminster
5. Leicester
6. Middlesbrough
7. Hackney
8. Kingston-upon-Hull
9. Southwark
10. Lewisham

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/23/the-most-dangerous-places-in-england-115875-20708340/

i think hackney southwark and lewisham should be in the top 5
Reply 17
Victor-PP
Guys, what about Nottingham? Is it really dangerous?

Really is not.
Reply 18
Glasgow is apparently the murder capital of the UK and I think Nottingham is the worst for burglaries. In terms of gang violence and stuff, I have read that the Cheetham Hill, Longsight areas of Manchester are pretty ******. Of course there are parts of London that are a bit dodgy but its not as widespread as everyone makes out.

danny111
yea you get mugged everyday in london.

i lived there now for 5 years and got mugged once and that could have been avoided. You just need to be careful and dont go to areas that you know are rough. Dont constantly think about omg i live in a dangerous area. Just be aware of your surroundings when you are out and about but dont get paranoid about it.

lol enit. When I was younger i used to think the place I hung around was really rough. I think over all, London is abit over hyped although of course there are areas people should maybe avoid.
Reply 19
Depends where you go. I've heard bad stuff about Salford and Mosside in Manchester..

Latest

Trending

Trending