The Student Room Group

Please can you recommend me some 'safe' areas to live in London.

I will be living alone so my top priority is that it must be in a safe area. My course will be in Stratford, but I could commute if the place meets my criteria. I'm looking to get a small studio/one bedroom apartment with kitchen, preferably at 250-300 pw. I'm aware rents are getting more expensive so one of my options might be to live right outside London and commute, but I'm not familiar with any of the places, so please recommend me if you know any.

('safe' as in low crimes rate, fairly well lit streets at night, not too dangerous to walk alond outside at like 7-8 pm)
Original post by Anonymous #1
I will be living alone so my top priority is that it must be in a safe area. My course will be in Stratford, but I could commute if the place meets my criteria. I'm looking to get a small studio/one bedroom apartment with kitchen, preferably at 250-300 pw. I'm aware rents are getting more expensive so one of my options might be to live right outside London and commute, but I'm not familiar with any of the places, so please recommend me if you know any.

('safe' as in low crimes rate, fairly well lit streets at night, not too dangerous to walk alond outside at like 7-8 pm)

Hey! I’m looking for a replacement tenant who can move into my studio (16-18 sqm) in Wembley ASAP! Rent’s from 375 pw as it’s on the 20th floor :”)

Being near Wembley Stadium, the area is lively and secure, with several grocery stores such as Asda, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, and Tesco. Wembley Park stadium is conveniently within a 5-7 minute walk, offering excellent transportation links to the city.

If you’re interested kindly get in touch for more details. Thanks!
East London is dangerous so try to avoid it
To be honest crime can be wherever you are in Uk & abroad. I didn’t even know what crime was growing up but woken up to it. If you can live in Stratford area may be useful. I’ve been to the theatre there great & so much has moved there. You will save on time & travel plus will be near home so can keep an eye on it. I’m using my experiences as whenever I watch a film or Netflix series it inspires me. I pay for an alarm verisure & had cctv before also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending