The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

KingMessi
To revise for English, you can try essay practice. Really boring and dull, but I reckon it's invaluable-at least, that's what I'll be doing...or just read the book and look for as many literary techniques as you can. Another one would be reading the dictionary, looking for cool words (if you're doing English language)
Messi
X

Thanks Messi , although you should've missed all of your chances on Tuesday :colonhash:

I thought about doing that, but I can't get it checked over or anything, my teacher is useless. :confused: .
steffi.alexa
Haha, at my school there's no uniform so I just go in in jeans and the biggest hoodie I can find... It's been raining a lot, so want to stay warm and dry! Haha. I look awful wearing it, but it's comfy :haughty:

I know! :ahee:
I love wearing loose clothing at home, feel soooo relaxed and comfy! :awesome:
My dad thinks I look like a right tramp, he expects me to wear something like jeans in the house. :s-smilie:
KingMessi
Revision is becoming insanely stressful: doing a lot, but nothing going in. I decided Sports Stuides was a doss so couldn't be bothered doing anything on that until closer, so I've spent most of my time reading my Biology textbook hoping that something will stick. Not going too well ATM.
Messi
X

Reading is unlikely to make things stick, do something with the information (and ideally whatever you do should be matched to how you learn best - through sound, vision, touch etc) such as make posters, mindmaps, spider diagrams, flash cards, podcasts, silly rhymes/songs, act it out etc.
Master.K
I know! :ahee:
I love wearing loose clothing at home, feel soooo relaxed and comfy! :awesome:
My dad thinks I look like a right tramp, he expects me to wear something like jeans in the house. :s-smilie:

My parents have given up, as long as I don't spend all day in my PJs haha. Except what I tend to wear is far more comfortable, so it's win-win for me :cool:

QUOTE=Master.K]Back home and safe. :ahee:

Just out of interest, how do you post on TSR whilst at work experience? Mobile or computer?
Done today:

Half of module three.

The beginning parts of repiration.

One statistics paper.

The end of transition elements && a small memory test.

Thanks...I should know this, having done the Psychology section on memory, but what I mean is, for Biology, 40% is on application and evaluation rather than "learn and churn"-I can do "learn and churn", but right now I have no way of knowing how well I can evaluate and apply what I know. It's very frustrating, AQA only have one specimen paper.

And Sum41 are brilliant-can't argue there...:smile: (Y)

Messi
X
Anyone who's struggling with motivation should try listening to 'Go the Distance' from the Disney Hercules film :cool: Haha, I'm about to listen to 'Songs of Success Volume II' - it's got Go the Distance and Eye of the Tiger haha, I love Spotify - it has the most random albums!
steffi.alexa
My parents have given up, as long as I don't spend all day in my PJs haha. Except what I tend to wear is far more comfortable, so it's win-win for me :cool:

Lucky.:cool:

Master.K
Back home and safe. :ahee:

Just out of interest, how do you post on TSR whilst at work experience? Mobile or computer?

Computer. :smile:
I have now finished my placement. It was for a week only. :biggrin:
Master.K
Computer. :smile:
I have now finished my placement. It was for a week only. :biggrin:

Ah right. I take it you enjoyed it haha?
steffi.alexa
Ah right. I take it you enjoyed it haha?

Yep.:yep:
Although the last couple of days were **** as they were not so busy. :p:
Reply 590
steffi.alexa
Anyone who's struggling with motivation should try listening to 'Go the Distance' from the Disney Hercules film :cool: Haha, I'm about to listen to 'songs of success volume II' - it's got go the distance and eye of the tiger haha, I love Spotify - it has the most random albums!

I love Hans Zimmer for revision :o:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCEEeiGrAic
It puts me in a really good mood and kinda makes me want to go ice skating :hmmmm:
popppyss
It puts me in a really good mood and kinda makes me want to go ice skating :hmmmm:

I go through phrases of listening to different types of music for revision - in January I went through a Hans Zimmer phrase haha. I need motivational lyrics right now though :sigh:
Reply 592
Not even a top 10 poster anymore :o:

Might stop being a regular :o:
Reply 593
JayAyy

The universe would implode :afraid:
popppyss

I love ice skating! :love:
Master.K
Yep.:yep:
Although the last couple of days were **** as they were not so busy. :p:

Well not everyday will be like that.

I always loved work experience, but now know that I no way in hell want to do medicine, which is odd. I must just like talking to people and the helping side :h:
Reply 596
steffi.alexa
I go through phrases of listening to different types of music for revision - in January I went through a Hans Zimmer phrase haha. I need motivational lyrics right now though :sigh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo

:wink:
Reply 597
skipp
The universe would implode :afraid:

Risk I'm willing to take :sexface:
JayAyy

Don't you dare :mad:

Being serious, why? You're doing loads of work! Or maybe us regulars (yes, I'm aware of who the top 10 currently are :sigh:) are the procrastinators...:unsure:
LukethePianoMan
thanks for that, two very famous books there! iv heard they ask you anything from your a level courses, even the as that you drop! did ur college make you do tsa?

They asked me all physics questions (I had a physics PS) and 1 chemistry equilibrium question.

I did TSA, yes. I don't know how well I did. If I meet the offer Ill ask in October XD.

Latest