The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Narik
Yes but my F5 skills proved to be far superior. :wink:

Congrats on the 10,000th post btw narik. Sorry for not saying it b4
Some notes on Ligands for anyone who's interested :

Aqueous solutions of copper(II) contain the blue, octahedral hexaaquacopper(II) ion
Most substitution reactions are similar to cobalt(II).

OH¯ [Cu(H2O)6]2+(aq) + 2OH¯(aq) ——> [Cu(OH)2(H2O)4](s) + 2H2O(l)
blue, octahedral pale blue ppt.
insoluble in XS NaOH

NH3 [Cu(H2O)6]2+(aq) + 2NH3(aq) ——> [Cu(OH)2(H2O)4](s) + 2NH4+(aq)
blue ppt. soluble in excess NH3

then [Cu(OH)2(H2O)4](s) + 4NH3(aq) ——> [Cu(NH3)4(H2O)2]2+(aq) + 2H2O(l) + 2OH¯(aq) royal blue NOTE THE FORMULA

CO32- [Cu(H2O)6]2+(aq) + CO32-(aq) ——> CuCO3(s) + 6H2O(l)
blue ppt.
Edexcel A2 Clinical psychology treatments - Notes

Compare and contrast the cognitive and behavioural approaches to treatment. (12M).
The cognitive approach uses a treatment called rational emotive therapy whilst the behavioural approach uses Systematic desensitisation. The aim of the RET is to change patterns of irrational thinking & replace them with more rational thinking patterns. Systematic desensitisation focuses on unlearning the behaviour and replacing it with a new response. Systematic desensitisation is useful for treating Phobias, whilst RET can treat Anorexia. Both treatments rely on Nurture, in helping with the treatment. Both believe that abnormality is linked with an early or even any experience. The cognitive approach believes it stems from early experiences causing a faulty schema, whilst the behavioural approach links it to the environment and classical/operant conditioning. Both treatments acknowledge the important role of the therapist. In RET, the therapist acts as a teacher and tries to challenge the patient. In Systematic desensitisation, the therapist guides the client through the steps which eventually lead to being desensitised to the fearful situation. The behavioural treatment is scientific, whilst the cognitive therapy is Non-scientific. Furthermore the behavioural approach is Idiographic, therefore the treatment applies to only the individual, and is therefore different to every patient. Rational emotive therapy is Nomothetic so it is more of a general treatment which can be applied universally. Systematic desensitisation focuses on changing behaviour, whilst RET focuses on changing thoughts. The behavioural treatment emphasises the importance of relaxing whilst RET is a challenging treatment so is more intense. Both treatments look at the present.
I recommend this book for anyone doing edexcel a2 psychology (new spec)

It;s brill : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-A2-Psychology-Student-Guides/dp/0340949236
Right, i'm off to bed after another successful half all nighter :P. It's been hard work and i dont plan to stop. i plan to keep this level of commitment throughout until i finish my exams. Good luck everyone else for your exams and i shall speak to you guys tomorrow
P.S. i hope my brief cameo of revision tips and a couple of my notes hav helped or will help you TSRians in the weeks to come for the exams :smile:
Adios amigos =]
Bye dawggie =] G'nite.

I'm also on transition metals atm. I hate that I have to LEARN so much reactions.
Reply 1788
I can't get to sleep. So here's my checklist for today:

Checklist:
• C3 Paper.
• C4 Paper.
• M1 Chapter 3.
• Chemistry Ch. 5 and 6.

:smile:
natty_d
I'm finishing C4 tomorrow :frown:

I haven't even started it, anyhow good Luck!!
Master.K
Sleep? Now? Why?

I am from sri lanka and in sri lanka it was 12 when I wrote that!!:smile:
Narik
Because he's from sri lanka. :facepalm:

yeah thats right!!
So hows your revision going Narik?
rockinrads
haha i did that too but only to check a few birthdays xD
i de activated it back again!
felt good :p:

I would deactivte it in the near future again!!
Reply 1793
Dr.Black Knight
yeah thats right!!
So hows your revision going Narik?

It's going allright, but I need to start doing a LOT more work as I can't yet say I'm fully ready for a single exam, which isn't good. :ninja:
How about you? :smile: What did you get in M1 by the way? :teeth:
Narik
It's going allright, but I need to start doing a LOT more work as I can't yet say I'm fully ready for a single exam, which isn't good. :ninja:
How about you? :smile: What did you get in M1 by the way? :teeth:

I got low marks for m1 ONLY 87/100!!:mad:
WHICH BROUGHT MY MATHS AVERAGE DOWN!!
Am not doing much revision still struggling on C3 not started on C4
But have started M2 papers!!:smile:
Phy4 and phy 5 still revising and still revising Bio2 too!!
Hope to study hard from today!!
Just asking roughly how many hours you study a day!
I know that hours are not important but just asking?
Reply 1795
Dr.Black Knight
I got low marks for m1 ONLY 87/100!!:mad:
WHICH BROUGHT MY MATHS AVERAGE DOWN!!
Am not doing much revision still struggling on C3 not started on C4
But have started M2 papers!!:smile:
Phy4 and phy 5 still revising and still revising Bio2 too!!
Hope to study hard from today!!
Just asking roughly how many hours you study a day!
I know that hours are not important but just asking?

ONLY!? I would kill to have that score! :eek:
In the holidays I do atleast 4. That's the least I've been doing in the Easter Holidays. :yes:
Narik
ONLY!? I would kill to have that score! :eek:
In the holidays I do atleast 4. That's the least I've been doing in the Easter Holidays. :yes:

c'mon since am planning to apply to cambridge for medicine and since I have very low O level results I should aim for very high marks here!!

And M1 is very easy!!!

And what have you got for your units all 100s!!!
Reply 1797
Dr.Black Knight
c'mon since am planning to apply to cambridge for medicine and since I have very low O level results I should very high marks here!!

And M1 is very easy!!!

I'd disagree. I'm not finding it that easy at all yet. :sadnod:
Don't get too obsessed with Cambridge! You can do it but if things don't work out, then don't take it as a major blow. :hugs: :h:
And also, you're doing A levels in 1 year! I can barely cope with AS in 1 year so you're achievements outweigh mines by a massive amount. :smile:
Narik
Don't get too obsessed with Cambridge! You can do it but if things don't work out, then don't take it as a major blow. :hugs: :h:
And also, you're doing A levels in 1 year! I can barely cope with AS in 1 year so you're achievements outweigh mines by a massive amount. :smile:

yeah I know its like I said I'm aiming for cambridge but if I don't get in I don't care I just want an offer for medicine thats all!!
I know how competitive its for medicine and especially for International applicants!!

I just wanna get high marks high since A2 is much more difficult!!
And whatever you say M1 is easy!!
Narik

Sorry that I forgot to mention it earlier I decided about a month back that am not going to do A Levels in one!! since there is not a big advantage!
So I will be doing Maths and Physics AS And A2 this year
Bio and chem AS only this year!

So next year I'll do Bio and Chem A2
Further maths and Accounts AS and A2
And sometimes Psychology!!

Is there any probs?

Latest