The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1st, Law
2nd, Medicine
3rd, Politics, Psychology and Sociology (PPS)
4th, Economics
5th, Maths
6th, Physics
7th, Computer science (Comp Sci)
8th, History
9th, English literature
10th, Dentistry
Geography :pierre:
Medicine
Law
Economics
Maths
History
Nat sci
English
Languages
Vet Med
Politics
Reply 23
Im not biased,
So Im gonna say Comp Sci
Psychology is extremely common for people who want to go to uni but don't really know what they want to do in later life.. like me.. haha :biggrin:
Other than the vocational ones, modern foreign languages are very much in demand! The world shall be my oyster :sexface:
It depends where you get it from. If you get an English Lit degree from a top 20 uni then you're going to get a decent job.

If, however, you get a Law degree from an ex-poly then you're not as likely to.

But, in general, vocational courses like Medicine, Law, Dentistry etc. will be your best bet.
Reply 27
Medicine
Dentistry
Law
Physics
Mathematics
Computer Science
Biochemistry
Chemistry
Engineering
History
Maths, Economics, Engineering, CS, Law.
Reply 29
law :awesome:
If economics does not make your list then, that's no list :plz2:
Reply 31
tomcuk123
Im not biased,
So Im gonna say Comp Sci

That is definitely something I would agree with :smile:
Reply 32
Funny how no one's mentioned Philosophy :p: but actually it's one of the subjects with the most transferable skills, i.e. what employers want.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=404855
Engineering, law, medicine, physics, maths, dentistry, chemistry, biology, comp sci, economics.

I'm sorry but I don't see things like English Literature and History up there unless; I know of a hell of a lot of former English and History students working in their local Asdas and Tescos.
Well you definitely cant put english or history or languages above vet med, as its definitely up there with medicine and dentistry, its harder to get into aswell as around 10000 people apply for 800 places.
These three subjects take you straight into careers when other more vague degrees wont. vet and medicine also require full days, millions of work experience and knowledge beyond books and techniques for dealing with people.
Also for these three medical subjects you need all A's at a level or AAB at the least... so maybe after that would come law then architecture then optometry then perhaps languages, history, english, physics, chemistry, computing.. that kind of thing.
Reply 35
You might as well rename this thread 'name your course thread', because obviously everyone has a bias to their own course.
Reply 36
Im guessing IR doesn't feature here :frown:
Computer Science? Theology?
Reply 38
Politics
Politics and Economics
Politics and International Relations
Politics, Economics and Philosophy
Politics and Philosophy
International Relations
European studies and Politics
Modern history and Politics
Politics and Sociology
Politics and Human Rights

You know, they are generally quite good :P
Reply 39
How highly regarded is Politics and IR or Political Sciences? Does it depend more on the uni that you're taking it from?

Latest

Trending

Trending