The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

WARWICK

Is Warwick Uni good? And is it seen as highly academic?
It depends on the courses, but Warwick generally has very strong STEM offerings. It's business school is also very highly rated.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
It's a Russel Group university and is considered one of the best in the country. In some subjects, it's ranked in the global top 25. So yes, Warwick University is considered highly academic.
Reply 3
Ok thank you - do you know much about Loughborough - thank you.
Original post by Nightwing84
It's a Russel Group university and is considered one of the best in the country. In some subjects, it's ranked in the global top 25. So yes, Warwick University is considered highly academic.
Reply 4
Thank you for your response!
Original post by SparklesDude1112
It depends on the courses, but Warwick generally has very strong STEM offerings. It's business school is also very highly rated.
Original post by Sociologo2.0
Ok thank you - do you know much about Loughborough - thank you.

Being honest Loughborough isn't very good outside of perhaps a few niche courses and their sports science related degrees. How comes you're asking about these Universities?
Reply 6
Ok thank you. These are Unis I have been considering but not sure yet.
Being honest Loughborough isn't very good outside of perhaps a few niche courses and their sports science related degrees. How comes you're asking about these Universities?
Original post by Sociologo2.0
Ok thank you. These are Unis I have been considering but not sure yet.

What grades are you expecting and what type of degree would you study?
Reply 8

Loughborough isn't very good ?

How come it regularly places in the top 10 universities in all the reputable league tables year on year then ?
Original post by dunnott
Loughborough isn't very good ?

How come it regularly places in the top 10 universities in all the reputable league tables year on year then ?

Because League tables commonly use metrics that aren't entirely indicative of the quality of the courses offered. I won't argue that perhaps for some non-academic metrics Loughborough does very well, however that's not what's being asked.

I'd argue perhaps it sits in the top 20-30 Universities when weighting for benchmarks like average grade intake, research output, prestige (as obnoxious as that is it matters) and employment prospects.

Quick Reply

Latest