The Student Room Group

The 24 Thread

Poll

Best season of 24?

The following takes place between 15:39 and whenever I finish this introductory thread.

All events occur in real time.

"24", The best, most immersive American action drama ever made. Not only does it have the unique real time aspect which makes it impossibly frustrating to actually watch on TV without wanting to see the next hours episode now but it is unbelievably well produced. The acting, story lines, story twists, story developments, action, emotion, excitement and characters make it a perfect progamme. "24" is flawless, from the first series to the fourth and I dare any "24" virgins to purchase the first series DVD boxset and not watch the whole thing non-stop (without a tea break) after getting five minutes into the first episode!

Keifer Sutherland's character, Jack Bauer, is the best representation of a Government agent I have ever seen. Jack is unorthadox, vunerable yet unbelievably resolute and focused on what he needs to do. He does not care about protocol if it impeeds him and he will go to any lengths to complete his objective even if it involves, for example, becoming a heroin addict to avoid blowing deep cover.

I'd like to know your thoughts on the programme. Note: Any criticisms of it may well be shot down by myself because, as I've said, the show is flawless. :p:. My favourite series? Well, since you're asking, series four.

PADFOOT EDIT:
Vote for the logo for the 24 society :smile:
1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=18690&d=1138741368
2: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=18691&d=1138741529
3: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=18693&d=1138742281
4: http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/35/60/24/18427087.jpg
5: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=18700&d=1138743688 (created by Gordan2002)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
umm, well i havent watched series 1. i just never got into it as didnt watch a single episode. BUT i watched the season finale of a series dunno which 1( it was the one where Jack is betrayed by that woman who works with him and his wife dies) and absolutely loved it. Thought it was brilliant and am definitely gonna try and get the box sets of the previous series. Was just wondering what series the episode i watched was and when its comin back on BBC1?
Reply 2
Ramy
umm, well i havent watched series 1. i just never got into it as didnt watch a single episode. BUT i watched the season finale of a series dunno which 1( it was the one where Jack is betrayed by that woman who works with him and his wife dies) and absolutely loved it. Thought it was brilliant and am definitely gonna try and get the box sets of the previous series. Was just wondering what series the episode i watched was and when its comin back on BBC1?

That was series one. And obviously, it's impossible to watch "24" properly on TV because it's just too good and all you'll want to do is illegally download the next twenty-three episodes off the Interweb because you don't want to wait a week for the next bloody episode. To conjole you into getting the series two boxset, Nina (The woman who murdered Jack's wife) reappears as an informant in it. Can Jack resist killing her for revenge, we just don't know... (Well, I do because I've seen it... but, you... JUST GET IT!)
Reply 3
Eddie K
That was series one. And obviously, it's impossible to watch "24" properly on TV because it's just too good and all you'll want to do is illegally download the next twenty-three episodes off the Interweb because you don't want to wait a week for the next bloody episode. To conjole you into getting the series two boxset, Nina (The woman who murdered Jack's wife) reappears as an informant in it. Can Jack resist killing her for revenge, we just don't know... (Well, I do because I've seen it... but, you... JUST GET IT!)

LOL. *runs to the shops to get one as fast as possible*
Reply 4
Ramy
LOL. *runs to the shops to get one as fast as possible*

Whilst your there, I'd like a blueberry muffin for my excellent advice. Gift wrapped is fine.
Reply 5
*putson a mcdonalds outfit* would you like fries with that? :smile:
Reply 6
Sorry, I prefer Burger King. One can't help but noticing we've gone off the subject a tad. Meh well.
Reply 7
Meh :p: so what other programmes are you interested in other than 24?
Reply 8
The Office and ER (although the goodness of that has flaccidified recently).
Reply 9
Reply 10
Don't you mean "without Dr. Green it's just meh"?!

I watched a couple of episodes of "Lost" and then just, ironically, 'lost' interest. Budaboomtsch, thank you, I'm here all week.
I'd never seen it before July this year and now i have watched series 1,2 and 3, i own the series 3 dvd boxset and have rented series 4!

I am thoroughly addicted, annoying thing is none of my friends have watched it!

It is flawless; though at the start of the third series it was becoming too much of a family affair within ctu, granted they made some great storylines from that!

However, Kim Bauer cannot be 19 as she is meant to be!
Reply 12
md_red_uk

However, Kim Bauer cannot be 19 as she is meant to be!

yea without Kim Bauer in the 4th series, 24 is just not as good as it was before :bebored:
Reply 13
Gio
yea without Kim Bauer in the 4th series, 24 is just not as good as it was before :bebored:

However, even though the goddess that is Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer does not return in series four, we still have the return of the legendary David Palmer, who just strolls in and sorts all the rubbishy vice-presidents mess out.

Extra note: I am really looking forward to "24: The Game", which tells the unknown events between series' two and three, of how President Palmer survives the attempt of his life, how Kim Bauer and Chase Edmunds get together and how Jack Bauer gets his heroin addiction. Brilliant stuff yet to come!
I just watched the last episode of series 3! Amazing stuff.

Gonna start series 4 tonight.

When does the game come out?
Reply 15
Soonish I think. It looks pretty darn good. Series four has the best ending hour out of all of the seasons.
Reply 16
series 4 dvd is out! *buys*

I need series one on dvd too, they started showing them again on bbc2 late, 2 eps in a row and i forgot how good it was. one of the best series imho.

Series 4 was very enjoyable and watchable. But i did get the feeling of "they're trying too hard" with all the attacks and so forth. by the end you had forgotten what had happened before! but yes, the ending was awesome.

How the hell are they going to start season 5? and when does it go on air? January?
Reply 17
I think series 3 was the best series throughout, the ending where Cherie finally gets it...fantastic! Series 4's ending was good but if you look back over the whole series its a bit of a head-**** because so much totally out there stuff happened. I don't have a scooby how they are gonna start next series, and how is jack gonna get back into ctu considering he's supposed to be dead!...*excitment* bring on January!!!
Reply 18
Kuz
I think series 3 was the best series throughout, the ending where Cherie finally gets it...fantastic! Series 4's ending was good but if you look back over the whole series its a bit of a head-**** because so much totally out there stuff happened. I don't have a scooby how they are gonna start next series, and how is jack gonna get back into ctu considering he's supposed to be dead!...*excitment* bring on January!!!

i want a "jack goes solo" special agent type thingy, like when he had no support from CTU in series 1. I'm getting fed up of the ctu and the annoying characters. Plus they said they were having new characters which they replace with the older ones half way through series 4!!
Gio

Nah, she was faaaaarrr too annoying in both series 1 (the best series imo) and especially 2 (haven't seen 3rd) - I mean how many times can you get kidnapped in one day!

Series 4 ending was a bit anti climatic (just a bomb detonating in air, and you always knew they would save it). Series 5 should be interesting now that Jack Bauer is 'dead'.

Quick Reply

Latest