The Student Room Group

Worried Sick about SFE situation

Hi all

So this year I started university and then dropped out in October 10. I called student finance then to cancel my application because I was no longer attending the university and they did so. Such so 2 weeks ago I grt an email from the university that I am liable to pay the 2.3k tuition fees for the first term which is absurd but oh well.

I am worried that I may have to pay this out of pocket and I am not in a financial position to do so and this is worrying me sick. I now have to write a letter to student finance about my situation but I am just worried they won’t approve or won’t help me, does anyone know or have experience in this field and situation??
Original post by Jameson1732
Hi all

So this year I started university and then dropped out in October 10. I called student finance then to cancel my application because I was no longer attending the university and they did so. Such so 2 weeks ago I grt an email from the university that I am liable to pay the 2.3k tuition fees for the first term which is absurd but oh well.

I am worried that I may have to pay this out of pocket and I am not in a financial position to do so and this is worrying me sick. I now have to write a letter to student finance about my situation but I am just worried they won’t approve or won’t help me, does anyone know or have experience in this field and situation??

I've moved your thread to the Ask SFE forum so that you get advice from the official reps. :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi all

Hi Jameson1732,

If you cancelled the application/requested that we cancel the application, this usually can't be reinstated.

You can however, make a new application for 23/24 on your account so that the university can claim the costs for the duration you attended and they can send a withdrawal notification to confirm the date of your last attendance.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Jameson1732,

If you cancelled the application/requested that we cancel the application, this usually can't be reinstated.

You can however, make a new application for 23/24 on your account so that the university can claim the costs for the duration you attended and they can send a withdrawal notification to confirm the date of your last attendance.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Hi there
Thanks for your reply
If I set up another application for the 23/24 year so that they can take their 25% will this affect my funding for the 2024/25 year? I have 0 years in university but I know that this 25% counts as 1 year so my gift year, will this affect next years funding as I am currently on a gap year
Hi there
Thanks for your reply
If I set up another application for the 23/24 year so that they can take their 25% will this affect my funding for the 2024/25 year? I have 0 years in university but I know that this 25% counts as 1 year so my gift year, will this affect next years funding as I am currently on a gap year

Hi Jameson1732,

Yes, if you make a new application for 23/24 and funding is paid this will be counted as a year of study and will affect your previous study calculation when making further applications. However, if this is your only year of previous study this will be covered by the additional year of funding that is offered to all students.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending